Simple Topic - Support Topic

Andy Millne

Does this plugin bypass the moderator must approve the new topic for guests when submitting a new topic and then registering?

I guess we can just go to the forum in the ACP and select Posts must be approved? for that forum to ensure it requires moderator approval?

2 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Does this plugin bypass the moderator must approve the new topic for guests when submitting a new topic and then registering?

I guess we can just go to the forum in the ACP and select Posts must be approved? for that forum to ensure it requires moderator approval?

The plugin does not bypass any content creation functionality including whether or not items need approval. Think of it as being the new topic form replicated in a different area with only the two basic fields presented. Everything else works exactly as creating a new topic would. 

• 3 months later...

@Andy Millne just noticed that this changes the text in all forums and all topic submissions from "Title" to whatever you have in the block settings, even though it's only one forum posting into. So I have "Ask the Community a Question" in the block and if I go to any forum and start a new topic without going through the block, the text is still there instead of "Title". 

image.png.cdfa461f8ac8e9a65b1a5d7baa405772.png

Is this the way its designed to overwrite the topic title language in every forum? Is there a way to only have this as part of the block? I'd like the new topic forum to still say "Title" 

image.png.b9fea0969f7f0ff0baf85753e75a55ca.png

18 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

EDIT I just re-saved the settings and its working correctly. I have a forum category named very close to what the forum this plugin is posting into and under that category all the forums this was happening. Weird.

Thanks for following up and glad it's sorted. Let me know if you have any issues in future.

Hi Andy,

We have just started to use this again.

I just visited the site as a new user, asked a question and went through the process of signing up which all went through fine.

However the question is not showing up in the forum and the new user account I asked it via has nothing listed in their profile activity list once logged in and checking

Can you remind me what I else I need to enable for this to work in the forum section.

I have selected 1 forum in the list for the questions to appear.

It works fine if a registered members uses the plugin with the question appearing.

I have tried it both with [System] Post Before Registering enabled and disabled.

I have the plugin above the photos on the homepage here if you want to test:

https://www.walkingfootball.com/

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2019 at 6:43 AM, Unlucky said:

However the question is not showing up in the forum and the new user account I asked it via has nothing listed in their profile activity list once logged in and checking

I'll work with you on this via PM as I can't reproduce it locally and will need to debug it.

Archived