Support request priority level

harry m

23 minutes ago, harry m said:

When I submit a request to support , I only see options for priority level of Normal or Low.

How do i make it a 'High' priority ?

It looks like there are now only two options, low and normal. Guess, they changed it because most people always selected "high" when there wasn't a reason for.

So, I think "normal" is the new high.

6 hours ago, harry m said:

At least it wasn't me missing the obvious then .

The Irony is, the site came back on some 20 minutes after i reported it, but as of now , 1 hour after reporting it, Ive had no reply from support.

Experienced the same issue... I have a ticket for the same or similar MySQL error which had an initial response of  " we need to transfer the ticket to cloud support. "

Over 24 hours later for an answer of :  site was "auto scaling" and shouldn't happen again.

However I'd also asked in the ticket for explications for:

• specifically why the outage option has been removed which is a downgrade in service  ... where/when were clients advised of this?
  • what is the service policy for actual outages for cloud accounts?  Yes, I've read the policy link but it mostly addresses stand alone accounts and is vague at best
    • service was a primary reason we chose an invision cloud account
  •  if AdminCP access is also compromised how does one directly place a ticket with cloud support ?

Waiting for an answer

5 minutes ago, Larry Kachadorian said:

if AdminCP access is also compromised how does one directly place a ticket with cloud support

Client Area

5 minutes ago, Larry Kachadorian said:

Waiting for an answer

I'd recommend you request your ticket be escalated to management.  While you may get an answer here on the community forums from IPS Staff at some point, you're much more likely to get an answer via your official support request sooner than waiting for them to respond here.

I could hazard a guess as to why they removed the 'urgent, site down', but I won't air my opinion.  Best of luck getting the answers you're looking for in your ticket.

If your self hosted and SQL going down i would speak to your host as could be issue that needs fixing at there end they could then see if error with setup or if say because the ip script causing the problem then would be IPS staff need look at the problem but that my view and normal way i deal with errors.

8 minutes ago, Aiwa said:
20 minutes ago, Larry Kachadorian said:

if AdminCP access is also compromised how does one directly place a ticket with cloud support

Client Area

Well aware of that ... you missed it when I earlier said the initial response to my ticket (made in the client area) was "we need to refer it to cloud support"... So why is that?  Seems to be a bit tedious to have to refer tickets.

13 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

I could hazard a guess as to why they removed the 'urgent, site down', but I won't air my opinion.

Potential abuse, yes?  However there was a cost stated if such abuse was indicated.  If they didn't set it high enough, revise it don't get rid of it.

10 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

you're much more likely to get an answer via your official support request sooner than waiting for them to respond here.

Oh, absolutely !  I only replied here so Harry m would know its not an isolated incident. 

1 minute ago, Pete T said:

If your self hosted and SQL going down i would speak to your host as could be issue that needs fixing at there end they could then see if error with setup or if say because the ip script causing the problem then would be IPS staff need look at the problem but that my view and normal way i deal with errors.

Its an IPS cloud account !

2 minutes ago, Larry Kachadorian said:

Well aware of that ... you missed it when I earlier said the initial response to my ticket (made in the client area) was "we need to refer it to cloud support"... So why is that?  Seems to be a bit tedious to have to refer tickets.

Potential abuse, yes?  However there was a cost stated if such abuse was indicated.  If they didn't set it high enough, revise it don't get rid of it.

Oh, absolutely !  I only replied here so Harry m would know its not an isolated incident. 

Its an IPS cloud account !

Am i guessing you and Harry reporting the same issue ? if not then for you yes ips would be go to people but normal when support ticket normal goes to tier 1 support as default to see if item they can deal with, in this case would be someone that deals with cloud customers not sure if that tier 3 or not.

Archived