Emergency update breaking the theme

OctoDev

9 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

We haven't recently released any patches or minor updates for 4.3.6. We have however released 4.4 Beta 1 today, is it possible that you've upgraded to the beta (which may cause incompatibilities in your custom themes)

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Gavekort said:

Why are the emergency / bug fixes breaking themes? It makes no sense.

LXxEITX.png

3eqwS7z.png

I thought they were strictly patches, not something that would ruin the custom theme.

this because 4.4.0 has changed few templates the first will be globaltemplate the lkeywarning not in this template any more but i would wait to finial before upgrading live site.

29 minutes ago, Stuart Silvester said:

We haven't recently released any patches or minor updates for 4.3.6. We have however released 4.4 Beta 1 today, is it possible that you've upgraded to the beta (which may cause incompatibilities in your custom themes)

Guess he means this:

e4fbff72-d9f5-491a-9a92-633cb2e7ea68.thumb.jpg.5a49a25f0f78881030a93724d1b3e825.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ramsesx said:

Guess he means this:

e4fbff72-d9f5-491a-9a92-633cb2e7ea68.thumb.jpg.5a49a25f0f78881030a93724d1b3e825.jpg

yeah but it only displays if have this define( 'USE_DEVELOPMENT_BUILDS', TRUE ); in constants.php but even if was displaying normal any dev would take few hours to check what new and see if needs updating but many wait to finial.

3 minutes ago, Pete T said:

yeah but it only displays if have this define( 'USE_DEVELOPMENT_BUILDS', TRUE ); in constants.php but even if was displaying normal any dev would take few hours to check what new and see if needs updating but many wait to finial.

Sure, but the part "and includes a security patch" may lead some people doing a mistake. There could be an additional line "don't upgrade your live board, only for testing purposes" or similar. 

1 minute ago, Ramsesx said:

Sure, but the part "and includes a security patch" may lead some people doing a mistake. There could be an additional line "don't upgrade your live board, only for testing purposes" or similar. 

agree there as sure if was security patch and that bad should been added in 4.3.6 in patch we can run via visiting support tool. 

What's happening there is that you weren't using the 'latest' version of 4.3.6, the update check is seeing that and including a 4.3.6 version as an available upgrade. We'll look at improving that.

I'd like to remind you that you'll only see this if you have opted into receiving beta updates, if you do not want them you should remove 

define( 'USE_DEVELOPMENT_BUILDS', TRUE );

from your constants.php

3 minutes ago, Joel R said:

1.  Did you download 4.4 Beta1?

2.  Revert to default IPS theme

3.  Send in an emergency ticket in Client Area

1. yes he has download 4.4.0 beta 1 as seen error myself when view custom themes that i am working on update 
2. i would say using default theme if updated live site.
3. it not reply emergency ticket he needs as site is view able

he needs do to remove the  define( 'USE_DEVELOPMENT_BUILDS', TRUE ); or added define( 'USE_DEVELOPMENT_BUILDS', FALSE );

2 hours ago, Stuart Silvester said:

What's happening there is that you weren't using the 'latest' version of 4.3.6, the update check is seeing that and including a 4.3.6 version as an available upgrade. We'll look at improving that.

I'd like to remind you that you'll only see this if you have opted into receiving beta updates, if you do not want them you should remove 

define( 'USE_DEVELOPMENT_BUILDS', TRUE );

from your constants.php

faeces, yeah that was enabled.

I was only paying attention to the red alert, security warning which led me to patching it ASAP. 

Archived