Update outdated language strings

Phil7789

Hey guys,

is there a trick on how to properly update our outdated language strings? I've translated our community and some language strings are flagged as outdated. When I update those language strings they are still flagged as outdated, but not all of them. Some get recognized as updated and the flag is removed.

How can we remove the outdated flag, when the translation is still correct and there is no actual update needed?

Thanks,
Phil

• 1 month later...

Without having gone in to test directly, I would probably just disregard the flag unless it is causing you an issue. If you're sure the translation is correct, that's all that matters.

At a technical level, we store the version in use with the customized string in the database, and compare that against the current version - this is in the core_sys_lang_words database table. It sounds like the "translated version" isn't updating for some reason.

20 hours ago, bfarber said:

Without having gone in to test directly, I would probably just disregard the flag unless it is causing you an issue. If you're sure the translation is correct, that's all that matters.

At a technical level, we store the version in use with the customized string in the database, and compare that against the current version - this is in the core_sys_lang_words database table. It sounds like the "translated version" isn't updating for some reason.

The translation is correct and is not causing any problems, so I'm fine with this so far.

I would assume that it isn't updated or the update isn't recognized (sometimes the string is flagged as outdated but the translation is still valid). Right now I have about 20 strings that are not "willing" to update.
Is there any trick to "force update" the string?

Thanks for the reply
Phil

If the translation is still valid I would like to confirm that it is not outdated, but even if I revert the string and update it again it is still flagged as outdated.

E.g. "__app_cms" is "Pages" in English and my translation is "Seiten". If I just click "Save" nothing happens. If I change the string to "Pages" as a translation it is updated. After I reload the page and translate it to "Seiten" again it is again flagged as outdated.

Archived