Gallery Submit Images Button and IE 11

Mahumba

First step: If you are using a custom theme temporarily switch to the default one. Try it on that. From there you can decide if its a theme related issue or not.

Also try the above test with the default language if you're using a different one, this is quite unlikely but the 30 seconds it will take to test it is worthwhile.

Clear your browser cache and try it again if possible please. I would  restarting your machine between the clearing and restarting. Is it any better then ? Corrupted browser cache can cause some odd concerns.

Is the browser up to date ? 🙂 IDK what version it should be on the OS you're using (I'm assuming you mean IE11 not Win11 and you're using a desktop based OS and not a mobile device of some description ?) :smile: , On Win7 (on the machine I'm sat at, at this moment) which is fully up to date afaik its showing as via HELP > About > Version: 11.0.9600.19230

Do any other members have problems with IE11 and Gallery ?

Can you temporarily try another browser to just rule out its not a global concern and it is limited to IE11 please ?

Do you have any third party plugins/apps present ? Temporarily disable them if possible just for a couple of minutes then try Gallery again 🙂 

If it still persists after that I'd suggest a ticket in the Client Area so a support tech can test it using that browser to see the cause.

Yes the submit button works on other browsers. Chrome, Edge and safari that I know for sure works. And yes internet explorer 11 does not work with the submit button.

It was a member of mine that brought it to my attention then I tried with IE 11 and it didn't work for me either. I think I will submit a ticket.

And thanks for taking time to help me out. Happy New Year to ya!

Roger

9 minutes ago, Mahumba said:

I submitted a ticket yesterday.

Hopefully the tech will get it sorted for you soon if its an issue with your site.

You did check you're IE browser was up to date though ? I guess its something they may ask about possibly.

That was the first question I asked the member of my site and I made sure my IE 11 was updated.

It shows the "Submit" Button but when you click on it, it "depresses" so to speak, then does nothing. This just happens in the gallery. You are able to attach images to a post/reply though.....

Roger

I'll do as much as a 52 year old can. Computers and me mix like oil and water. For example: I just learned what a selfie is. And here I thought I have been doing selfies since I was 11 years old...……. 

Roger

P.S. If that was too edgy feel free to edit or delete it.

@Mahumba this suggestion may seem like a copout, but I think the problem is that you're using IE 11, which is almost completely obsolete and has so many problems with modern webpages I wonder why Microsoft keeps bundling it with Windows.   I use Office 365 and SharePoint and was advised - by Microsoft - not to use IE 11.  It won't even work correctly with Edge a lot of the time - I was having problems uploading large files to a repository and MS Help told me to log in using Chrome's Private Browsing, which cleared the problem up completely. :laugh:

In short: leave IE 11 in the dust and your life will be easier.

Archived