IPS4 attachments wrong after conversion

1 hour ago, Ramsesx said:

Don't know what's wrong with your posted thread. But if something went wrong during conversion, the only ones can help you is support:

https://invisioncommunity.com/clientarea/support/

They are not responding.

What is wrong in that thread is that most of those attachments belong to other threads. 

For an example, all those images with the cryptocurrency looking images in the "funny pictures" thread belong to the how to buy crypto thread. In essence, not a single attachment is in the right thread.

34 minutes ago, Platinumwealth.co.za said:

They are not responding.

What is wrong in that thread is that most of those attachments belong to other threads. 

Okay, didn't know where they belong to. 

Support on weekend isn't great because the main working time is from mo-fr, so it may be some time for them to respond.

41 minutes ago, Platinumwealth.co.za said:

They are not responding.

For an example, all those images with the cryptocurrency looking images in the "funny pictures" thread belong to the how to buy crypto thread. In essence, not a single attachment is in the right thread.

Normal when convert forum to IPS would convert it like was before never seen topics/post move forums before unless done via admin cp or via mod tool.

11 hours ago, Pete T said:

Normal when convert forum to IPS would convert it like was before never seen topics/post move forums before unless done via admin cp or via mod tool.

It was a normal convert via the conversion tool included in my purchase. I don't have mods or any funny business installed.

Also its not posts or threads/topics that are moved its topics who appears to be referencing the wrong attachments. 

This is enough to kill our forum if it isn't fixed. 

If its using the wrong attachments in that topic, firstly do you still have the original source aka the "MyBB forum" 'alive' in a directory ?

Support are best placed to assist with this as mentioned above (when I read the topic it was not what I though it would be) as if they can 'see' what the original should be and then compare it to the conversion its fractionally easier than trying to figure it out via attachment ID's

Support is there over a weekend however as this may involve conversion concerns, it is possible it may have to go to T2 which would be a weekday thing. As you have a ticket open its best to just await a response really.

As above if you do still have the original "source forum" available it would be good to include a link to that topic/thread( ? ) in the ticket too , simply so the answering support tech can see what it was originally.

EDIT... I should mention I've never actually seen the converter do what you say its done, I'm not saying its not ( 🙂 ) just that I've never in all my years seen it do that, and at one time I did dozens of test conversions (as well as the more usual upgrades) for QA, as I did have various 'other platform' databases to test the conversions with. I've been here a long time! 😄

Archived