Private topic

kmk

I want to create support topic, how I can open a topic only for specific member access?

Forum there is an option that let member open a topic and others members cannot see it, but staff can do, how would be if staff want to open a topic for specific member? 

1. Not easy for new user, if normally they communicate with us through topic way, why sometime others topics are inbox messages? Increase complexity... 

2. For staff administration of customers services, is better use only way, in this case forum, inbox message sound something personal thing. 

3. If use forum for this purpose, these topics are permanently visible for staff, but if inbox messages depend on if the name of staff members was added, if not this staff member will not possible take care these inbox messages where they need to follow customer service. 

4 hours ago, kmk said:

I want to create support topic, how I can open a topic only for specific member access?

Forum there is an option that let member open a topic and others members cannot see it, but staff can do, how would be if staff want to open a topic for specific member? 

Create a forum and change the forum setting to only topic author see it. Only author and staff will see it.

95A4B0A4-AB8C-424A-AB03-360803D0F22B.thumb.jpeg.f228eb00a2feb3211ffc05474ed4f323.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Create a forum and change the forum setting to only topic author see it. Only author and staff will see it.

I know, the problem is limited for members starting topic, but staff can't take initiative to create topic for members. 

30 minutes ago, bfarber said:

Your alternative is to use Commerce's support system functionality. These won't be "topics", however in this case staff can create tickets on behalf of users, and users can add alternate contacts who can also see their support requests.

But this way only for global site support, in my case I have many forums created for differents companies or groups, they would like handled their private topics that let user create topic communicating with moderators and moderators side create topic communicating with user. 

Archived