Possible bug regarding https and resources

PrinceOfAbyss

First of all I was away for some years, and have lost track of things going on with IPS.

But yesterday I renewed my license, downloaded the latest version and just upgraded my community that was on 3.4.1 version.

So, I face a little problem that I think is some minor bug, but I don't know where to look for to fix it myself as I'm a total newbie on this 4.x version of the software.

Let me describe the steps I made:

• I upgraded the software using the proposed procedure and it completed fine.
  • I then edited conf_global and added the s in the URL to set my forum in https mode as proposed here.
  • Then visited the forum index and the padlock gets orange. I visited the whynopadlock site and it found that

An image with an insecure url of "http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/community/uploads/set_resources_1/d0e70b4cbb9ab8afb1bc1065a3f8487a_subitem_stem.png" was loaded on line: 4265 of https://www.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com/community/.

This is the little icon that appears in forums having sub-forums. So my suspicion is that those dynamic resources, which I have no idea where they are stored in the DB/settings, were generated and stored during the upgrade (when s was not present in the conf_global), and after I set the s once the upgrade was finished, they didn't get updated automatically to reflect the s addition. I may be wrong, but that's the impression I got from it.

Edit: BTW, is this forum even appropriate for the kind of post I just made? I remember there was a Bug tracker some years ago, but I can't find it anymore. If I posted in the wrong section please move the topic somewhere more appropriate.

The bug tracker only makes a brief appearance during beta releases. 

You can post in peer to peer technical or product guidance forums, or always send in a ticket.  

As @opentype suggested, run the support tool.  Go to ACP > System > Support, which walks you through a couple of steps including clearing your cache.  

Congrats on the upgrade.  

In the Support page, I found a link to the good old SQL Toolbox! I went there and when you click on any table's row or the magnifier (View) icon, you get an error:

Not Acceptable!

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security.

Is that intended behavior?

And also, is there any plugin or guideline to perform a DB/files cleanup as I'm coming from a 3.4.x installation?

3 hours ago, PrinceOfAbyss said:

Where is that setting? OMG this new version looks so complicated for a user seeing it for the first time... ?

48 minutes ago, PrinceOfAbyss said:

In the Support page, I found a link to the good old SQL Toolbox! I went there and when you click on any table's row or the magnifier (View) icon, you get an error:

Is that intended behavior?

And also, is there any plugin or guideline to perform a DB/files cleanup as I'm coming from a 3.4.x installation?

That is caused by your server, you're better (if you must, although I would recommend not directly changing anything in your database) using tools provided by your web host.

You don't need to clean anything up, is either taken care of during upgrades or you'll see a notice on the admin CP dashboard

Ah, I just converted my live community's database from utf8 to utf8mb4, and from 980MB, it was reduced to 531MB! Is that normal for this conversion?

And in 3.4.6 there was a setting about setting a prefix for the cookie. Where is this setting in 4.3.5? I'm getting disconnected from my live community as soon as I log in my dev board.

And finally, how do you enable the sidebar that is visible even in this community's index?

It's possible you had some duplicated database tables from the original conversion to utf8 that the conversion to utf8mb4 cleaned up. You should be able to confirm where the rest of the size went to exactly in phpmyadmin or a similar tool.

To adjust the cookie prefix, you need to create/edit constants.php.

Archived