oAuth 2.0 login handler improvements

Hello. Recently i configured oAuth 2.0 login handler and encountered a lot of problems, here is some suggestions intended to fix them. I hope it will help to improve this useful feature.

1. Add ability for user to change his display name during registration even if it was provided automatically in "Display Name Parameter" field. Just fill this field with "Display Name Parameter" value and keep it editable instead of hiding it at all.
  2. Add ability to use multiple parameters from response in one field at the same time. For example, i can get in response first and last names as separate fields and want to use them both at the same time as display name in IPS.  (response[0][first_name] response[0][last_name]). See the ticket #1016626 for more info on this issue.
  3. Add ability to use parameters from response as custom field value.
  4. Add  ability to use fontawesome glyph instead of logo image.
  5. Add ability to define behavior when display name provided in "Display Name Parameter" is already taken.
  6. Provide more informative errors on saving ("The application settings provided are not correct." is not informative at all)

oAuth 2.0 was the most anticipated feature for me for years so i hope this improvements will make it finally useable.
If you need more details on any suggestion or issue, please ask, i'll provide more detailed description for each of them.

Thank you!

Agree! Currently, even VK (which was used as an official example) is not really usable because VK API doesn't provide a full name (first name + last name) as an independent field. You still need to use plugins like this one:

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8993-vkcom-login-handler/

• 11 months later...

Is there a plan to implement any functions from the list?

Maybe the simplest ones in first?

On 8/2/2018 at 7:02 PM, Mr 13 said:

Add  ability to use fontawesome glyph instead of logo image.

Especially this, as it requires just a couple of minutes to implement.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Archived