TeamSpeak Integration

362682190_teamspeak-brands(1).png.bdb729ea8d18fff1d3fd38e0000794ac.png

It's no secret that the current primary TeamSpeak Integration application is beginning to fade.

With no updates in almost a year and a ridiculous price point of $60, it's time for something new.

Click here for Something New

Features

• Display members TeamSpeak status on their profile.
    • Caching available for this feature.
  • Send global messages to TeamSpeak clients.
  • Automatically synch TeamSpeak server groups using both Profile Fields and Member Groups.
  • Integrate a TSViewer as a widget.
  • Multiple UUIDs for members.
  • TeamSpeak Ban/Unban from ACP.
  • Edit the TeamSpeak Server information from ACP.
  • Manage member UUIDs through ACP.

Coming Soon

• Synch forum bans with TeamSpeak bans.
  • Integrate Reputation into the TeamSpeak Server
  • TeamSpeak 5 Integration (once it's out)
  • Option to require a TeamSpeak UUID to use the forum

Notes

1. It is highly recommended that under System->Settings->Advanced Configuration you enable either `Use Cron` or `Use Web Service` for the Task Method and set it up as instructed. This way, your Tasks are not relying on traffic to your site.

2. Members can add their TeamSpeak UUIDs by going to their member menu on the top right, and clicking 'Account Settings'. Their TeamSpeak UUIDs can be found under the 'TeamSpeak Settings' tab.

Additional Information

You can access the TeamSpeak Query Admin class from anywhere using the following code.

// Connect to the TeamSpeak Server
// (
//   If a connection has already been established
//   during this PHP execution session, the current
//   connection will be used instead of a new one.
// )
if (! \IPS\ts3integration\TsAdmin\TsAdmin::connectIPS()) {
    $tsError = \IPS\ts3integration\TsAdmin\TsAdmin::$tsError;
    // end execution
}

// Example
\IPS\ts3integration\TsAdmin\TsAdmin::$tsAdmin->clientGetIds("osNiXxOSdfgl5nVJdtBipg/a+E4=");

(See http://ts3admin.info/manual/classts3admin.html for documentation)

Attribution

Edited by MrFisc
New version of application

having installed your app and getting the server connected to the forums.  I'm trying to associate the forum groups with TS3 groups but every time I push the save button, the group associate page reverts to all -1's 

additionally, The Global Messages tab in admincp gives the following error

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

Class 'IPS\Helpers\Form\CheckBox' not found

Edited by RoHAdmin
14 hours ago, RoHAdmin said:

having installed your app and getting the server connected to the forums.  I'm trying to associate the forum groups with TS3 groups but every time I push the save button, the group associate page reverts to all -1's 

additionally, The Global Messages tab in admincp gives the following error

We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now. 

Class 'IPS\Helpers\Form\CheckBox' not found

I sent you a PM

Version 1.0.19 released!

What's New in Version 1.0.19  

NOTE: When installing this new version you need to make sure you completely uninstall the old version first. 
Don't upload this as a new version of the old application. 

Change Log:

1. Overhauled the Group Association section
  2. Added Ban and Ban List functionality
  3. Added functionality for multiple UUID's for each member.
    • Members can mange this by going to their member menu on the top right and then 'TeamSpeak Settings'.
  4. Added 'Banned' status to profile display
  5. Updated Lang file to house almost all strings associated with the application.
  6. Fixed the bug on "Send Global Message" page related to a type in the Checkbox class name.
  7. Updated the TSViewer input box to use proper syntax highlighting. 
  8. Added option to select either "Poke" or "Message" in "Send Global Message".
  9. Updated portions of the UI to look more polished.
  10. Added update URL to application so you can stay up to date.

Version 1.0.20 released!

Note: With this version comes a few Tasks that are used for caching the Profile Display.

It is highly recommended that under System->Settings->Advanced Configuration you enable either `Use Cron` or `Use Web Service` for the Task Method and set it up as instructed. This way, your Tasks are not relying on traffic to your site.

Change Log:

1. Added profile display status caching
  2. Added Server Settings section
  3. Fixed some minor bugs.
4 hours ago, pixeldude said:

This looks great and I’d love to buy it, but the renewal is pretty hefty at $40 per year IMO. Nice to have, but not an essential enough feature to justify the ongoing costs. ?

The price was actually just dropped today for the renewal period to $15/6 months. ? 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to set up the integration and have some questions:

1. Adding the UUID to the Member Profile enables what exactly? Only showing the the status in the Profile tab?
  2. Setting up syncing between Board and TS Group: I expected that Members who have their UUID set in their Profile would be assigned a server group upon login. This does not seem to be the case, or maybe I did something wrong.
  3. TS Viewer. It would be awesome to have this functionality without a 3rd party service. Also being able to configure to show only active and/or selected channels. Example: https://github.com/LeoWinterDE/TS3ServerStatusViewer
On 9/1/2018 at 3:07 PM, pixeldude said:

I'm trying to set up the integration and have some questions:

1. Adding the UUID to the Member Profile enables what exactly? Only showing the the status in the Profile tab?
  2. Setting up syncing between Board and TS Group: I expected that Members who have their UUID set in their Profile would be assigned a server group upon login. This does not seem to be the case, or maybe I did something wrong.
  3. TS Viewer. It would be awesome to have this functionality without a 3rd party service. Also being able to configure to show only active and/or selected channels. Example: https://github.com/LeoWinterDE/TS3ServerStatusViewer

The UUID for members is used for a lot of thighs including synching groups, displaying their status on the server and banning / kicking. It will also be used for additional upcoming features. 

The group synching currently is only triggered when a profile is edited, however I've had reports that it only works if the member is currently online in teamspeak. This will hopefully be resolved in an upcoming update fairly soon, as well as having it triggered with different events besides a profile edit so that the groups are always up to date.

The teamspeak viewer provided by that third party seems to be the most customizable as far as display options, which is why I went with it. But I will consider adding a proprietary one as well. Although this isn't very high on my to do list currently, I'll definitely get around to it soon.

What's New in Version 1.0.26   

Change Log:

1. Fixed the issue where groups wouldn't sync if a member wasn't online on TeamSpeak.
  2. Added Ban Sync functionality (when a member gets banned on the Forums, they will also be banned on TeamSpeak)
  3. Added the option to force members to have a UUID configured before they can use the forums.
  4. Added the option to display a TeamSpeak UUID field on the registration form.
  • 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, ReactiioN said:

Does the plugin support teamspeak servers that are using a reverse proxy? Using one to prevent the leak of the ip of my vps

I’m unsure about this. However, you could give the real IP in your configuration of the plugin

3 minutes ago, MrFisc said:

I’m unsure about this. However, you could give the real IP in your configuration of the plugin

To be honest, I'd hate to. I previously used Xenforo as software and the user who wrote the Teamspeak plugin there had a serious bug in the plugin which allowed you to exploit permissions. However it would be nice if you could test it and report back. If it works, I'm in and I'll buy.

Edited by ReactiioN
20 minutes ago, ReactiioN said:

To be honest, I'd hate to. I previously used Xenforo as software and the user who wrote the Teamspeak plugin there had a serious bug in the plugin which allowed you to exploit permissions. However it would be nice if you could test it and report back. If it works, I'm in and I'll buy.

Sent you a PM.

Great application, I instantly bought as I found it. Finally another bridge which is actually supported (*wink wink*).

So I stumbled accross some interesting error after the installation: My IPS told me there was a problem with my license key, so I wondered what the heck and checked. But everything is fine, next renewal is due in 2019.

So I'm just wondering: Is this an IPS problem or a small hickup of the app? My installation is self-hosted.

Cheers Phil

Edit: Ok I am not sure if everything went fine, I cannot see that the application does anything, maybe it IS broken by the mentioned error above. It seems like the users don't get synced, nor does the profile update. I ran every task manually. Is there anything else I can do?

Edited by Phil7789
7 hours ago, Phil7789 said:

Great application, I instantly bought as I found it. Finally another bridge which is actually supported (*wink wink*).

So I stumbled accross some interesting error after the installation: My IPS told me there was a problem with my license key, so I wondered what the heck and checked. But everything is fine, next renewal is due in 2019.

So I'm just wondering: Is this an IPS problem or a small hickup of the app? My installation is self-hosted.

Cheers Phil

Edit: Ok I am not sure if everything went fine, I cannot see that the application does anything, maybe it IS broken by the mentioned error above. It seems like the users don't get synced, nor does the profile update. I ran every task manually. Is there anything else I can do?

Members need to add their UUIDS to the profile before they will be synced. You also need to set up the group associations in ACP, enable the tasks as documented on the application page of you're going to use profile display caching, and verify the connection works using the Test Connection feature in ACP

The license issue should not have anything to do with this app. If you continue to experience issues feel free to send me a PM 🙂

Thanks for the help.

I did all of the above, so I added the UUID. I also read that they only get synced while online on the server and I waited for the groups which are not set anymore to get removed, but I am not sure if your application already can do this (I removed one of three groups but every group stayed, after manually removing it it got added when editing the profile again).

The tasks are run by cron job and get executed without any errors in the log. I did not install any cache application yet, could this be a problem? Although the profil won't update even with caching disabled.

Cheers Philip

(I posted here instead of the PM - thanks for the offer - so other users can read this for the case they have similar problems)

21 hours ago, Phil7789 said:

Thanks for the help.

I did all of the above, so I added the UUID. I also read that they only get synced while online on the server and I waited for the groups which are not set anymore to get removed, but I am not sure if your application already can do this (I removed one of three groups but every group stayed, after manually removing it it got added when editing the profile again).

The tasks are run by cron job and get executed without any errors in the log. I did not install any cache application yet, could this be a problem? Although the profil won't update even with caching disabled.

Cheers Philip

(I posted here instead of the PM - thanks for the offer - so other users can read this for the case they have similar problems)

I sent you a PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Holy... I used to use Ahmad's old TeamSpeak Intergration. But bought this as soon as I saw it! This is more or less the exact plugin/app I've been looking for.

However, is it on purpose that groups associated with a group on the forum doesn't get revoked when removing the UUID of the user? Would be nice if the user suddenly decides to remove his UUID. Since that would allow him/her to use his powers regardless of what groups he/she has on the forum and also making it harder to identify them.

Another thing that could be awesome is support for channel groups based on groups on the forum. Instead of having to parse privilege keys around.