TeamSpeak Integration

Sorry I'm a bit confused.  It says that Cloud Hosted IPB does not work but then there are instructions on how to do this.  I notice that there are no refunds if it doesn't work with my provider.

I own my own server that hosts my teamspeak.  I am sure that won't be an issue.. My only hangup is going to be my cloud hosted IPB. 

Any clarification would be great.  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 12:05 PM, Benjamin Garrison said:

Sorry I'm a bit confused.  It says that Cloud Hosted IPB does not work but then there are instructions on how to do this.  I notice that there are no refunds if it doesn't work with my provider.

I own my own server that hosts my teamspeak.  I am sure that won't be an issue.. My only hangup is going to be my cloud hosted IPB. 

Any clarification would be great.  Thanks!

So, it will work assuming two conditions are met.

1. Your hosting provider issues you a static OUTBOUND IP address.
  2. Your hosting provider will allow you to open OUTBOUND ports.

The portion of the application description where it says "Does not work with IPS Cloud Hosting" is referring specifically to the cloud hosting that Invision Power Services provides. 

If you happen to have full root access to whichever server is running your IPS instance (for example if it's running on Digital Ocean), then I wouldn't consider that "Cloud Hosted IPS" as the server can be used for more than just IPS, and you should be able to configure the server as needed. 🙂 

On 11/12/2018 at 3:22 PM, Dunkstormen said:

Holy... I used to use Ahmad's old TeamSpeak Intergration. But bought this as soon as I saw it! This is more or less the exact plugin/app I've been looking for.

However, is it on purpose that groups associated with a group on the forum doesn't get revoked when removing the UUID of the user? Would be nice if the user suddenly decides to remove his UUID. Since that would allow him/her to use his powers regardless of what groups he/she has on the forum and also making it harder to identify them.

You make a good point. I will add this to the list of features I hope to implement soon 🙂

On 11/12/2018 at 3:22 PM, Dunkstormen said:

Another thing that could be awesome is support for channel groups based on groups on the forum. Instead of having to parse privilege keys around.

I'm not 100% certain on if there is a "good" way to implement this.. I'll give it some thought though! 

What's New in Version 1.0.33 

Change Log:

Manual Syncing

1. Manually Sync a specific Member TeamSpeak Groups
    • From the members ACP Profile
  2. Manually Sync a Group of Members TeamSpeak Groups
    • From the Group Association section of the TeamSpeak Integration Application in ACP you can now sync all members belonging to a specific Group Association.
    • Any members that should NOT be in the TeamSpeak group referenced by the Association will now be removed.
  3. Manually Sync ALL Members TeamSpeak Groups
    • From the Group Association section of the TeamSpeak Integration Application in ACP you can now manually Sync all members that have one or more TeamSpeak UUID’s configured on their account. 
    • This will be handled as a background Task so that it does not interfere with your work in ACP.

Automatic Syncing

You can enable and disable specific types of automatic syncing from within the Auto Sync section of the TeamSpeak Integration application in ACP. There are now several cases in which Automatic Syncing can be configured to work.

1. Member Profile Edited
    • If a members profile is in any way edited, this automatic sync will be triggered and that specific member will individually have their TeamSpeak groups synced.
  2. Group Association Added/Removed
    • If you add or remove a Group Association from the Group Association section of the TeamSpeak Integration application in ACP all members related to that group will have their TeamSpeak groups Synced.
  3. UUIDs Updated
    • If a new UUID is added/removed for a Member, either by an Administrator or by the Member themselves, that individual member will have their TeamSpeak groups synced. If a UUID is removed, any TeamSpeak group tracked within the Group Association section of the TeamSpeak Integration application in ACP will be removed from that UUID.
  4. Using a task that runs at a configured interval
    • A task can be configured to run at your desired interval that will always keep all members TeamSpeak groups up to date.

Other QOL Updates

1. HTML and JavaScript tags will now be stripped from the Channel name that is displayed on a Members profile.
  2. You can now view a members TeamSpeak information from their ACP profile.
  3. A lot of minor bugs have been patched.

With this release the application is still in its beta phase. Please report any issues you encounter to me through a PM.

Edited by MrFisc
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey @MrFisc

I updated the application and have a problem with the tasks I am not sure about what's the cause.

I have 2 tasks that stall / freeze and don't work properly. This is the Profile Cache every 15 Minutes ("ProfileDisplayUpdate15Minutes") and AutoSync.
So I went to the application settings and saw that the settings changed a bit. Now we can choose to cache the profile for 1 hour up to 1 week. After updating this setting the error for the Profile Cache every 15 Minutes is gone, but now the ProfileUpdate task which is ran hourly stalls / freezes.

When I ran the task manually I got a 500 error (internal server error), so my questions would be

• Is it correct that the "old" tasks are still in the list, although they're no longer available
  • Do you have any hints on what to do or what the problem might be (e.g. re-installation of the application)
  • Any advice on PHP memory limit or PHP execution time? How much "power" do your tasks need?

All the other tasks (also 3rd party) seem to work correctly.

Thanks in advance 🙂
Phil

On 3/27/2019 at 3:11 PM, Phil7789 said:

Hey @MrFisc

I updated the application and have a problem with the tasks I am not sure about what's the cause.

I have 2 tasks that stall / freeze and don't work properly. This is the Profile Cache every 15 Minutes ("ProfileDisplayUpdate15Minutes") and AutoSync.
So I went to the application settings and saw that the settings changed a bit. Now we can choose to cache the profile for 1 hour up to 1 week. After updating this setting the error for the Profile Cache every 15 Minutes is gone, but now the ProfileUpdate task which is ran hourly stalls / freezes.

When I ran the task manually I got a 500 error (internal server error), so my questions would be

• Is it correct that the "old" tasks are still in the list, although they're no longer available
  • Do you have any hints on what to do or what the problem might be (e.g. re-installation of the application)
  • Any advice on PHP memory limit or PHP execution time? How much "power" do your tasks need?

All the other tasks (also 3rd party) seem to work correctly.

Thanks in advance 🙂
Phil

I'm not sure why the old task would still exist, it may not have been deleted when you updated (I think that ICS tends to leave old files when you update an application). 

The application should now rely on only ONE task when you're using the "Task" method for updating the profile cache. This task is called "ProfileDisplayUpdate". You can configure the rate at which it runs in the TeamSpeak applications settings in ACP. The configuration will actually modify the iteration for the task itself, instead of enabling/disabling multiple tasks as the old system did. 

You can delete any of the tasks from your file system that have a number in their name (i.e. ProfileDisplayUpdate15Minutes). Uninstalling the application and its files completely and re-installing may solve this issue as well. 

Let me know if you can't figure it out (this may have been my screw up, i'm still somewhat new to IPS dev)

Edited by MrFisc

After reinstalling the application the old tasks are gone, but the problem with the locking tasks remains.

As soon as I run them manually my server instantly "crashes" with a 500 error (internal server error). Unfortunately no error is logged inside the ACP.

This is my most recent error from my webservers log:

[Fri Mar 29 17:10:02.476632 2019] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 30673:tid 140166226441984] [client **IP**] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare IPS\\ts3integration\\extensions\\core\\Queue\\ts3_lang_to_str() (previously declared in **ROOT_PATH**/applications/ts3integration/extensions/core/Queue/SyncTeamSpeakInBackground.php:114) in **ROOT_PATH**/applications/ts3integration/extensions/core/Queue/TeamSpeakProfileCaches.php on line 113', referer: **IPS_URL**/?adsess=6bcbf45c4298c6dccbc0221508d67cce&app=core&module=settings&controller=advanced&do=tasks&sortby=app&sortdirection=desc

I masked our sensitive data in this code snippet.

Best regards,
Phil

P.S. No problem if you're new. More important is that you're trying to help 🙂

EDIT:
Stackoverflow mentions this (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1953857/fatal-error-cannot-redeclare-function)

This errors says your function is already defined ; which can mean :

• you have the same function defined in two files
  • or you have the same function defined in two places in the same file
  • or the file in which your function is defined is included two times (so, it seems the function is defined two times)

To help with the third point, a solution would be to use include_once instead of include when including your functions.php file -- so it cannot be included more than once.

Edited by Phil7789
On 3/29/2019 at 11:15 AM, Phil7789 said:

After reinstalling the application the old tasks are gone, but the problem with the locking tasks remains.

As soon as I run them manually my server instantly "crashes" with a 500 error (internal server error). Unfortunately no error is logged inside the ACP.

[Fri Mar 29 17:10:02.476632 2019] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 30673:tid 140166226441984] [client **IP**] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare IPS\\ts3integration\\extensions\\core\\Queue\\ts3_lang_to_str() (previously declared in **ROOT_PATH**/applications/ts3integration/extensions/core/Queue/SyncTeamSpeakInBackground.php:114) in **ROOT_PATH**/applications/ts3integration/extensions/core/Queue/TeamSpeakProfileCaches.php on line 113', referer: **IPS_URL**/?adsess=6bcbf45c4298c6dccbc0221508d67cce&app=core&module=settings&controller=advanced&do=tasks&sortby=app&sortdirection=desc

Best regards,
Phil

EDIT:
Stackoverflow mentions this (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1953857/fatal-error-cannot-redeclare-function)

That is odd being that i'm using if (! function_exists('ts3_lang_to_str')) {, i will look into this soon for you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 😞 

On 3/30/2019 at 5:31 PM, MrFisc said:

That is odd being that i'm using if (! function_exists('ts3_lang_to_str')) {, i will look into this soon for you. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. 😞 

Try if(!method_exists(__CLASS__, 'ts3_lang_to_str')){

14 hours ago, Mastric said:

Try if(!method_exists(__CLASS__, 'ts3_lang_to_str')){

It's not a member function. What it looks like the problem is is the way that IPS works with Hooks. Still not totally clear, but i've already solved the problem simply by removing the function. Should have an update relatively soon. 

On 3/29/2019 at 11:15 AM, Phil7789 said:

Best regards,
Phil

EDIT:

This should be resolved in version 2.0.2 🙂

Tested. Works.

Simple as that 😄 Thanks a lot.
Just a little thing: I have a background task in my dashboard with 100% progress (TS3 Updating all members profile status caches...). Is this related to the app or to IPS? It should be removed at 100%, shouldn't it?

Edit: It looks like the task queue is now locking 🤔

Edited by Phil7789
3 hours ago, Phil7789 said:

Tested. Works.

Simple as that 😄 Thanks a lot.
Just a little thing: I have a background task in my dashboard with 100% progress (TS3 Updating all members profile status caches...). Is this related to the app or to IPS? It should be removed at 100%, shouldn't it?

Edit: It looks like the task queue is now locking 🤔

Can you try to manually run the queue? If that doesn't work, shoot me a PM and i'll look into it further with you 🙂 

Edited by MrFisc
  • 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, TomTucka18 said:

Hiya,

Having Major issues with this application, I cant get it to connect to my TS Instance, I keep getting ' host isn't a ts3 instance!'

I have opened up all the relevent ports on my firewall 😕 wondered if you could help me

5da3a96fc77347f1e8b2e06f85a54753.png

Send me a PM and I will see what I can do! 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/27/2019 at 12:23 PM, TomTucka18 said:

Hiya,

Having Major issues with this application, I cant get it to connect to my TS Instance, I keep getting ' host isn't a ts3 instance!'

I have opened up all the relevent ports on my firewall 😕 wondered if you could help me

5da3a96fc77347f1e8b2e06f85a54753.png

what was the fix to this problem?

On 1/19/2020 at 10:40 AM, Taylor M. said:

what was the fix to this problem?

Make sure you have the IP of your forums whitelisted in your query admin IP whitelist on your teamspeak server. If you are using cloud hosting for your IPS installation, see the relevant section of the application documentation on the store listing. 

Send me a DM if you need any further assistance. 

Edited by MrFisc

What's New in Version 2.0.7

Change Log:

1. Fixed an issue with Tasks getting locked
    • Please note that you will need to update the intervals for your tasks in Profile Settings -> Run as Task -> Cache For and in Server Groups -> Auto Sync -> Run as Task -> Task Frequency
  2. Fixes SyncTeamSpeakInBackground returned a NULL offset bug