Filter Theme difference page

Goza

https://invisioncommunity.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=plugins&do=diff

Before, I made this topic did some quick search for this kind of topic which I haven't found and suck at searching topics. The theme difference is really a nice tool to look at if there any theme/code difference between each release. What I find hard is what exactly changed for each product (pages, commerce, gallery) and not everyone would have all of them. I was wondering if a filter can be applied to what products you have. So If I  only have pages, I could filter pages and see all the changes for that without having to see others like blogs, gallery, commerce, etc. Even then, its all not category with each other. 

The community I am part of (not owned) is running 4.2.7 and making a custom theme. So I just happened to look what would it be to update from 4.2.7 > 4.3.4 (mind blown). I am not sure when they will upgrade to the latest version. With the amount of changes between the two; I would probably scrap it and start fresh on 4.3.4 and adjust the theme from there (from the custom theme).

Main reason for the topic was too see if we can filter the product we owned without see other products we may or may not purchase ? 

17 hours ago, Goza said:

https://invisioncommunity.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=plugins&do=diff

Before, I made this topic did some quick search for this kind of topic which I haven't found and suck at searching topics. The theme difference is really a nice tool to look at if there any theme/code difference between each release. What I find hard is what exactly changed for each product (pages, commerce, gallery) and not everyone would have all of them. I was wondering if a filter can be applied to what products you have. So If I  only have pages, I could filter pages and see all the changes for that without having to see others like blogs, gallery, commerce, etc. Even then, its all not category with each other. 

The community I am part of (not owned) is running 4.2.7 and making a custom theme. So I just happened to look what would it be to update from 4.2.7 > 4.3.4 (mind blown). I am not sure when they will upgrade to the latest version. With the amount of changes between the two; I would probably scrap it and start fresh on 4.3.4 and adjust the theme from there (from the custom theme).

Main reason for the topic was too see if we can filter the product we owned without see other products we may or may not purchase ? 

What you could do is use the Browser search facilty ... e.g. search for Pages and it will find every word with pages then you keep going to each selection until you see any with Application Pages then everything in that section to be changed

Test it out, select compare 4.3.3 to 4.3.4

Use Browsers search facility (in FF go to Edit >> Find in this Page)

Enter Pages in the box at bottom (it will show 9 matches)

8 of those 9 not relevant to Pages Application but the 9th is

Try same with Gallery

Find there are no matches so assume no changes to anything in Gallery Application

Hope that helps ?

On 7/10/2018 at 1:03 PM, steve00 said:

What you could do is use the Browser search facilty ... e.g. search for Pages and it will find every word with pages then you keep going to each selection until you see any with Application Pages then everything in that section to be changed

Test it out, select compare 4.3.3 to 4.3.4

Use Browsers search facility (in FF go to Edit >> Find in this Page)

Enter Pages in the box at bottom (it will show 9 matches)

8 of those 9 not relevant to Pages Application but the 9th is

Try same with Gallery

Find there are no matches so assume no changes to anything in Gallery Application

Hope that helps ?

Sure did. 

Archived