Facebook profile photos broken

Yannis

Hi all,

After the changes facebook made recently, the facebook login wasn't working properly on my site.

I fixed it by making some changes in facebook app's settings and it now works.

The issue now, is that all the users that have signed up using the facebook login, don't have a profile picture.

I have added the latest patch "Facebook profile photos broken" as well via the Admin panel, cleared the cache but the issue persists.

My forum is: https://www.greeksinireland.com, the board version is 4.2.8

I would appreciate if someone has a suggestion or idea regarding what else I can do to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Example:

image.png.2f9f783fce2446d4a166cdbbd0aad844.png

@DieselMinded Thank you for the reply,

I have already installed the patch, I did it 1 hour ago, I am not sure if it takes some time for the changes to be effected though.

Cleared the browsers' cookies after the patch installation as well, checked on 3 different browsers, the same issue :( 

13 minutes ago, Yannis said:

Hi all,

After the changes facebook made recently, the facebook login wasn't working properly on my site.

I fixed it by making some changes in facebook app's settings and it now works.

The issue now, is that all the users that have signed up using the facebook login, don't have a profile picture.

I have added the latest patch "Facebook profile photos broken" as well via the Admin panel, cleared the cache but the issue persists.

My forum is: https://www.greeksinireland.com, the board version is 4.2.8

I would appreciate if someone has a suggestion or idea regarding what else I can do to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Example:

image.png.2f9f783fce2446d4a166cdbbd0aad844.png

If I recall correctly it will take time to resolve after installing patch as per this post

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Silnei L Andrade said:

The patch no longer works on my forum. It worked well in the beginning, but the broken avatars returned. Any idea how I can fix this?

Yesterday my forum had the same problem again but today everything seems fine. I just cleared the cache, I'm not sure if this was the fix though. 

Archived