Restrict IP for specific content

EarthDog

I have a mostly private community hosted in public web, however i would like to give my intranet users the ability to read content without logging in. But i dont want a random internet user to see it.

Can i restrict specific forums or pages section to specific IPs? I dont want to restrict the whole site to IPs only specific forums or pages.

Is that even possible?

2 hours ago, EarthDog said:

I have a mostly private community hosted in public web, however i would like to give my intranet users the ability to read content without logging in. But i dont want a random internet user to see it.

Can i restrict specific forums or pages section to specific IPs? I dont want to restrict the whole site to IPs only specific forums or pages.

Is that even possible?

For IP restrictions I have not explored. But I would offer you another idea
- Create a new group of members, for example name 'private'
- Create a copy of your theme and allow access to this copy theme only of this new group. (and staff )
- Your private forums only allow this copied theme - select it from setting 'Theme Override'.
- All users who will use these private forums, you add a secondary group 'private'

That is all. Good luck

2 minutes ago, Adlago said:

For IP restrictions I have not explored. But I would offer you another idea
- Create a new group of members, for example name 'private'
- Create a copy of your theme and allow access to this copy theme only of this new group. (and staff )
- Your private forums only allow this copied theme - select it from setting 'Theme Override'.
- All users who will use these private forums, you add a secondary group 'private'

That is all. Good luck

Or i could do it the other way around..I mean to create a public group which will have considerably less forums available, but i would stil need htem to be accessbile from specific IPs.

Nice idea though.

Archived