Custom text on sign-in page

MarkN

Hi All -

Just getting started with our forum - I have the forum configured to only show the Sign-in page when you arrive at the forum, as it's a private members-only forum. My question is whether/how I can add some additional text to the sign-in page so that I can describe the forum and provide a link to an external form people can use to request access to the forum (I don't allow registration using the forum software itself as there are manual confirmation steps involved). Essentially I'd like to do some editing to the sign-in page to describe the forum and provide a link to the sign-up page, but leave the rest of the existing functionality of the sign-ini page as it is now.

Thanks for any thoughts/advice on this!

Howdy,

There are 2 ways of going about placing your custom text on the sign in page:

1. Utilizing the the language string that is there and re-writing this to something that suits your needs in ACP -> Customization -> Languages. (Can utilize the Translation Tools to help speed and accuracy of what you're changing)
  2. If you have our Pages application, you can utilize a WYISWYG block and write whatever you need to in either just below the header or just above the footer.

5 hours ago, MarkN said:

(I don't allow registration using the forum software itself as there are manual confirmation steps involved).

Keep in mind as well that you can do "Admin Validation" on our registration form so that you can manually approve each user. There are also custom profile fields that you can place on the registration field to collect other information that you may need. 

Archived