Paid group promotions

Max_69

Hi everyone, you can create paid subscriptions.
I make an example, create the section, and sign up for a subscription and make a donation, and when done, the user is automatically moved to the donor group by having access to a particular section.

• 5 months later...

I mean you can just create that yourself in Commerce by creating products with fixed prices—as many as you want. I have 3 for example. All are donations which do exactly the same thing. The user can just pick the amount he/she wants to donate.  

746841748_Bildschirmfoto2018-04-16um19_46_44.thumb.png.68564f433f0b185d55196d6b88172b9e.png

10 hours ago, Max_69 said:

Too expensive, sorry :sleep:....... this app on xenforo is installed by default :wink:

XenForo does not, however, offer any of the following in the core:

• ElasticSearch
  • Clubs
  • Social Media promotion
  • etc etc.

You won't find a direct apples-to-apples comparison.  Even Woltlab Burning Board, which is a much closer model to IPS, doesn't exactly match.  At the end of the day, you need to ask yourself, "I'm on the Invision platform. What is the best and most pragmatic choice I can make?"  I think we would all love for everything to be included for free in the Core.  Subscriptions to be free and inside core.  ElasticSearch to be free and inside core.  Calendar to be free and inside core.  Every platform will separate their apps and features differently, and you need to make the best choice to guide your community within what's available.  

7 hours ago, Tom S. said:

Do they offer free cookies too? 

Yes....and coffee :biggrin:

7 hours ago, Joel R said:

XenForo does not, however, offer any of the following in the core:

• ElasticSearch
  • Clubs
  • Social Media promotion
  • etc etc.

You won't find a direct apples-to-apples comparison.  Even Woltlab Burning Board, which is a much closer model to IPS, doesn't exactly match.  At the end of the day, you need to ask yourself, "I'm on the Invision platform. What is the best and most pragmatic choice I can make?"  I think we would all love for everything to be included for free in the Core.  Subscriptions to be free and inside core.  ElasticSearch to be free and inside core.  Calendar to be free and inside core.  Every platform will separate their apps and features differently, and you need to make the best choice to guide your community within what's available.   

Yes ok, thanks for the reply ?

Archived