Uploaded Avatars PHPBB > IPS Conversion

Alay

I'm having trouble migrating my members... I have no uploaded avatars folder, and no desire to move them, but I cannot get a valid value in this field nor find a way to skip it...

image.png.9e60f7844fdd40103b19d3c5d14f2934.png

Is there a file I can edit to skip this requirement?  I'd like simply to migrate the users with no other data.

Are you not able to leave it empty ? :)

One work around rather than attempt to edit a core file may be to simply create a directory called avatars and then provide the path to it. You may have to provide a full path rather than relative:

Example full path:

/home/hosting_account_username/public_html/avatars

The one you have showing in your screenshot is saying "up one level then avatars" so its going up from the suite directory to the next one up, then looking for /avatars

I would try creating an empty avatar directory, placing it in public_html temporarily (just add a blank index.htm file to this new directory, to keep people out) then provide the full path to it. If you are not sure on the hosting_account_name , login to your control panel, typically Cpanel or similar and the 'home directory' is usually shown on the stats area here, that will provide what you need.

13 hours ago, Alay said:

Ah, apparently it's relative to the /admin directory... so ../../emptyFolderName did the trick!

Ah yes it would be, my small mistake. :) I should point out I'm not support staff, although I'll try to assist (in the forum where its "peer to peer" rather than "official support" which is in the Client Area) where I can however as some questions can be quickly solved here, although as mentioned for official support the Client Area is the place to visit.

Pleased to hear you have it working. :)

On 9/21/2017 at 10:03 AM, AndyF said:

Ah yes it would be, my small mistake. :) I should point out I'm not support staff, although I'll try to assist (in the forum where its "peer to peer" rather than "official support" which is in the Client Area) where I can however as some questions can be quickly solved here, although as mentioned for official support the Client Area is the place to visit.

Pleased to hear you have it working. :)

No worries I'm just thankful you took the time to respond and help! :)  Thanks!!!

Archived