Phone / SMS verification for new commerce customers

inkredible

Hello,

are there applications / plugins which allow the implementation of a phone / sms verification for new customers? We faced a lot creditcard fraud which we would like to prevent this by adding an extra security obstacle (SMS / phone verification). There are a couple providers which offer an easy to use API for such stuff. Obviously sending SMS / phone verifications cost money but 0.05$ / successful verification is better than a 25$ chargeback fee for every 10th-20th customer. 

3 hours ago, bfarber said:

To be clear, I implemented it within the IPS framework, however I did it "outside of work" just playing around. I used Twilio and was testing some of their various APIs and features.

Would love to see this released as an officially supported Community Integration or a Marketplace feature.  

• 1 month later...
On 26.6.2017 at 2:21 PM, bfarber said:

To be clear, I implemented it within the IPS framework, however I did it "outside of work" just playing around. I used Twilio and was testing some of their various APIs and features.

Maybe you want to make use of this and provide it as application in the Marketplace? 

That really hurts because creditcard fraud is way too easy:

g6xzmcE.png

Edit: @Joel R mentioned custom development. Is that a thing IPS offers? Who has the rights for the source code afterwards / am I allowed to sell it myself in the marketplace then? Where do I get a pricing / more information?

On 29.7.2017 at 3:22 PM, David.. said:

You basically never win disputes. And not to mention there's a $20 fee

I agree hence it's even more important to avoid the disputes in the first place using additional authentications like this suggested feature. Don't you think so?

Archived