(DF42) Members Social Info (Support Topic)

2 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Works fine for me:

Adriano_-_IPS_Community_Suite_-_2017-06-

Adriano_-_IPS_Community_Suite_-_2017-06-

You said you hooked in edit(). I'm hooking in buildEditForm to add new fields in the form.

Ah ok just hook into the buildEditForm thanks I will give it a try, There is actually nothing I have added to the edit function itself just the build and save bit, I just hooked into that bit because of where the button sends you to and assumed I needed to do it from there

yes thats what i mean by covering up...the tab @Adriano Faria is showing that's what the  social info tab takes over and wont show

20 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

What do you mean go back to add new icons?

I mean, the old members that already have their profiles filled, they are missing the new tab that's in the banner..i have to send screenshots and a lot of explaining .......lol, i don't want to be rude to them by just saying LOOK, 

If there can be a option, good i want it...

But i hope when enabling the option for the edit profile option that it shows side by side with the member store tab

Sry, didn't see you 2 talking about this, lol

1 minute ago, FGN said:

yes thats what i mean by covering up...the tab @Adriano Faria is showing that's what the  social info tab takes over and wont show

I mean, the old members that already have their profiles filled, they are missing the new tab that's in the banner..i have to send screenshots and a lot of explaining .......lol, i don't want to be rude to them by just saying LOOK, 

If there can be a option, good i want it...

But i hope when enabling the option for the edit profile option that it shows side by side with the member store tab

Yeah I will add a option, I will look into something globally as well and see what I come up with

1 hour ago, FGN said:

ok cool, thank you so much

How about a option like in the image instead of a option to display it in the edit settings or it's own button, It will basically be its own button and this

rKcZxs3.png

I can do it in the edit settings or own button like we said, but with this feature I don't see the point of it being in the edit profile button

28 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

How about a option like in the image instead of a option to display it in the edit settings or it's own button, It will basically be its own button and this

rKcZxs3.png

I can do it in the edit settings or own button like we said, but with this feature I don't see the point of it being in the edit profile button

@TheJackal84 I like the option in the picture, that will work cause ALL members look in the settings, 

So if I have a say so go with what you just posted with the pic 

13 minutes ago, FGN said:

Perfect!! 

And will be on the look out

The support for this file is Superb!!

Might be quicker, I always say a little longer so people are not refreshing the pages waiting, but as always I will post when its updated.

And thanks for the support, Its always appreciated

Edited by TheJackal84
17 minutes ago, FGN said:

There's no option in the admincp to take the Tab out of the banner??

I thought it was only wanted with the option of it being in the edit menu but as I didn't use the edit menu, I didn't think it was needed, But if you want it I will add it to the next update.

For now you can add this to your custom.css

.ipsButton.ipsButton_overlaid[data-ipsdialog-title='Social Info'] {
	display:none;
}

3 minutes ago, FGN said:

ok, yes for the mobile version, the menu is just right

But for desk top version there needs to be the option for either in banner or in the edit profile part or just somewhere else..

Thank you and i thank you for all your hard work

in desktop its in in the profile header and also in the users drop down menu, so its already in 2 places, 1 is their profile and the other is globally

11 minutes ago, FGN said:

@TheJackal84

One last suggestion

Can you check into to see if you can make the block show higher than where its at....like up towards the followers?

image.thumb.png.b615e0b2be2b7ba137c4048b6eccd7bf.png

somewhere in that area?

it would look good if you can code it so it shows either above or below the followers block??

There is many problems with the profiles blocks and hooking into them as there is 3 blocks what use the same

<div class="ipsWidget ipsWidget_vertical cProfileSidebarBlock ipsBox ipsSpacer_bottom">

codes, so if I try to put a hook into one of them it will also place it under/over the other 2 as well, I will look into another way and see what I come up with, I know a way to put it over the followers block but it was tested on 4.1 and only worked in default theme, I need a way so it will work on all, But I will look into it over this weekend