answer found

Joe Murphy

Your theme is out of date which will cause various amount of issues, I would personally run the site with the default theme while looking for any errors. But, have you asked IPS for help? They have great support, they'd probably ask to disable all plugins/apps and use the default theme so they can diagnose.

It's the weekend atm, so replies maybe slow.

Just now, Daniel F said:

Hello,

May I ask why you didn't submit a ticket, so that we can take a look at this ? We're here to help :)

I have!

I made it "Normal" because again, didnt want to "break" a rule and be finned. But the Ticket # is 981705  

1 minute ago, CP_User said:

Your theme is out of date which will cause various amount of issues, I would personally run the site with the default theme while looking for any errors. But, have you asked IPS for help? They have great support, they'd probably ask to disable all plugins/apps and use the default theme so they can diagnose.

It's the weekend atm, so replies maybe slow.

Yea thats what I was thinking, weekend, which makes sense. Just wanting to see other avenues to get this done a little quicker. But patience is here!

As @CP_User stated ... theme(s) are out of date and need upgrading (as per the message appearing at top of pages)

Also as @CP_User stated have you tried using the ipb default theme (assuming no changes have been made to that) to see if you get the same problems ?

Stating the obvious I know but as you never answered those questions then not going to know if theme issue or upgrade issue

1 hour ago, steve00 said:

As @CP_User stated ... theme(s) are out of date and need upgrading (as per the message appearing at top of pages)

Also as @CP_User stated have you tried using the ipb default theme (assuming no changes have been made to that) to see if you get the same problems ?

Stating the obvious I know but as you never answered those questions then not going to know if theme issue or upgrade issue

My answer to these, is no clue. I have no idea what you are conveying to me as well as where to look for these things. I am clueless to all of this right now.

Here are my answers as best as they can be:

I do not know how to switch to the default theme and what else needs to be upgraded. This isnt my skill set, and our current help is busy. 

If anything, I can wait till Monday for the ticket to do some good.

If you're ok waiting, I'd probably recommend that. This saves anyone else coming in and messing around. IPS team are the best when it comes to things like this. I'm not sure about the theme and if it's a fully custom or based on someone else's.

Good luck!

1. Disable your custom theme

2. Disable all third party plugins or applications

3. Read the IPS guides. At the top of the page, go to Support > Help Guides.

While I'm sympathetic to your situation since I've run into some bad upgrades in 4.x, I do think part of any admins responsibility is to be intimately familiar with the AdminCP.  You are not being asked to custom code.  The only skillset you need is time and a willingness to learn.  You should take the time to invest in yourself and your community by familiarizing yourself with the ACP.  

Archived