Magnum Theme [ support topic ]

31 minutes ago, Daniel Bernasconi_530190 said:

Just to be sure. I installed Version 4.2.6.

But if I try to install the IPS Community Suite Update 4.4, it still says the Magnum Theme is incompatible. Before doing the update I'd like to be sure about that.

screenshot_22.png

Yea just update your site

After that download latest Magnum theme in marketplace and update the theme 🙂

3 hours ago, Fabrizio Rotondo said:

@Taman after upgrade 4.4 ver I've this error with your theme

Template forums/front/topics/topic is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.

Any suggestions?

Hello,

You need to revert this template back to default

if no hope then this probably means one of your apps or plugins causes the error and you need to check it out

2 hours ago, dunefreak said:

Hey @TAMAN , not sure if this is a theme issue or something else. Any ideas?

After updating to 4.4 and the latest Magnum theme, none of our news articles show up. This is what I get.

error.thumb.jpg.2fdc2d7aeacb84a803c6f977afe0e8ad.jpg

If these are the "A different article styles" addon then yes, it needs to be updated and i haven't update them yet in marketplace 

3 hours ago, TAMAN said:

If these are the "A different article styles" addon then yes, it needs to be updated and i haven't update them yet in marketplace 

I had the same error but for me it was an easy simple fix..  Just edit the database and under "Templates" then "Display Template Group"  and chnage it to display and it works and the error goes away. Once the plugin is updated it can be adjusted to how you like it LOL 

Edited by EmpireKickass
6 hours ago, TAMAN said:

OK I will wait for the update.

2 hours ago, EmpireKickass said:

I had the same error but for me it was an easy simple fix..  Just edit the database and under "Templates" then "Display Template Group"  and chnage it to display and it works and the error goes away. Once the plugin is updated it can be adjusted to how you like it LOL 

I'm not sure I follow what you are talking about.

6 minutes ago, dunefreak said:

Which templates need to be deleted before updating? 

Check the Update section in the "Pages Article Styles" documentation, screenshots are also provided there on how to delete and what to delete.

2 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Check the Update section in the "Pages Article Styles" documentation, screenshots are also provided there on how to delete and what to delete.

That's what I was looking at. Just wanted to clarify. Looks like it's just the S1 templates on database and block plugin templates. 

Looks like I didn't screw anything up. :ohmy: :smile:

1 minute ago, dunefreak said:

That's what I was looking at. Just wanted to clarify. Looks like it's just the S1 templates on database and block plugin templates. 

Looks like I didn't screw anything up. :ohmy: :smile:

Yea just the S1 templates which is what i have market 🙂 

let me know if i can help on anything

Update went good.

Curious if you might know what is causing this issue. The reactions system isn't working on my pages. Works fine on the forum. I contacted IPS and they think it's something to do with the theme. I can't find any issue though. This was an issue even before the update. I've just dealt with it.

reactions.thumb.jpg.cd3a4a10445cc047bfca0317b64f2027.jpg

10 minutes ago, dunefreak said:

Update went good.

Curious if you might know what is causing this issue. The reactions system isn't working on my pages. Works fine on the forum. I contacted IPS and they think it's something to do with the theme. I can't find any issue though. This was an issue even before the update. I've just dealt with it.

have you modified reputation template in your theme? 

Try to revert it back to default

Edit the theme, and search this template "reputation" in the HTML tab and click on revert

also check if you have any other templates modified  

9347706477397d4828c7487b1a69ef4a.png

In my theme, ONLY globalTemplate template and Navbar template is modifed.

If any other templates are modified you will need to revert it back to default 

Edited by TAMAN
27 minutes ago, dunefreak said:

I see no modifications to any of those. I wonder what else could be causing the issue. 

Does it happen on any other databases? or does any other users have the same issue when reacting to the records?

21 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

Does it happen on any other databases? or does any other users have the same issue when reacting to the records?

yes it happens on both my "news" and "conditions" databases. Both of them use Pages. 

While testing that out while logged in as a member, now I see my new articles don't show up for members. Ugh, this is a mess. Thought I had it all working right.  

10 hours ago, dunefreak said:

yes it happens on both my "news" and "conditions" databases. Both of them use Pages. 

And does it also happen on default theme if you test?

also, are other databases use the same Pages article styles of main? 

10 hours ago, dunefreak said:

While testing that out while logged in as a member, now I see my new articles don't show up for members. Ugh, this is a mess. Thought I had it all working right.  

Check the permissions then! 🙂 

1 hour ago, TAMAN said:

And does it also happen on default theme if you test?

also, are other databases use the same Pages article styles of main? 

Check the permissions then! 🙂 

Yes, also happens on the default theme. I told that to IPS, but apparently, they still think it's a theme issue. 

I did check the permissions. They are all set to view records, but only guests and myself (admin) can see them. I even logged in as another admin and they are not visible and I get the same error as before I updated. I switched the template to a default display and they are visible with no error. 

Edited by dunefreak
3 hours ago, dunefreak said:

I did check the permissions. They are all set to view records, but only guests and myself (admin) can see them. I even logged in as another admin and they are not visible and I get the same error as before I updated. I switched the template to a default display and they are visible with no error. 

But have you checked all the permissions? 

You need to check the Page permissions and the Database permissions and the Block permissions if you have.

3 hours ago, dunefreak said:

Yes, also happens on the default theme. I told that to IPS, but apparently, they still think it's a theme issue. 

if you set the database to display default without any of my customization's do the errors still happen??
You can check this by setting the Display and the Listing groups of the database to default and not the S1 styles.

If it happens even on default templates and on default IPS theme then you need to file a ticket so IPS can fix it for you. just do not mention any third party addons or themes in your ticket because they will send you back to me 🙂

If it does not happen on default database templates and on the default theme, then send me a message i can check it out for you.

But everything works fine on my side 

On 3/1/2019 at 10:13 AM, TAMAN said:

But have you checked all the permissions? 

You need to check the Page permissions and the Database permissions and the Block permissions if you have.

if you set the database to display default without any of my customization's do the errors still happen??
You can check this by setting the Display and the Listing groups of the database to default and not the S1 styles.

If it happens even on default templates and on default IPS theme then you need to file a ticket so IPS can fix it for you. just do not mention any third party addons or themes in your ticket because they will send you back to me 🙂

If it does not happen on default database templates and on the default theme, then send me a message i can check it out for you.

But everything works fine on my side 

As for the articles not showing for some members: I checked all permissions and they all checked out ok. I just deleted all the templates and uploaded them again and now the articles now show up for all groups and it works. Strange.  

The reactions system still isn't working on my pages and I did check and see if it works on default theme and default display mode- same results. I will contact IPS again and have them look into it. 

Thanks for your help as always. :smile: