Ban Members From Forums

59 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Did you notice issues only now or did you just upgraded?

I just install your application this morning. When seeing those issues with the version 4.2.1, I decided to try the 4.2.0 version. And it worked. But 4.2.1 not 😞 

If it is not convenient to you to test it on your computer, since you probably have been upgraded to the IPS 4.5, so it's ok, I will test the latest version of the application once I will be updating my board to the IPS 4.5.

• 7 months later...

Hi Adriano, Could you please consider to add a setting to NOT show the button in the member's profile, so the only way to ban members will be through Admin Panel?

Since this feature is usually used pretty seldom, so there is no use to see that button in member profiles every time we visit users.
I understand, that this button in profiles can be useful for some boards, so a separate setting for it will be fine to have 🙂 

I am talking about this button:

image.png.e70d27507db65973bb67eb37a174ce5a.png

4 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Remove the moderator permission from those you don’t want to show the button. You will still be able to ban on ACP.

Yes, I was awaiting this answer. But all the Administrators will be still able to see that very seldom button in profiles, and if there are several Administrators, it could become annoying to them 😞 I personally also do not want to see that button, so I need to remove the data from the template manually. 😞 

2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 4.2.4

• Fix a couple of issues regarding reputation from banned forums being displayed on Activity Streams and profile
OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /srv/forums/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(23): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(0)
#1 /srv/forums/system/Content/Search/Results.php(632): IPS\Content\Search\banfromforums_hook_bmffReactions->addReputationExtraItem(Array, Array)
#2 /srv/forums/applications/core/modules/front/discover/streams.php(380): IPS\Content\Search\_Results->addExtraItems(Array, NULL, 1617210221, NULL)
#3 /srv/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\discover\_streams->manage()
#4 /srv/forums/applications/core/modules/front/discover/streams.php(57): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /srv/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\discover\_streams->execute()
#6 /srv/forums/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Now all members can't access topics on any forums. Each time you click on any topic you can't show the content of the topic doesn't show anything. 

Edited by Afrodude
59 minutes ago, Afrodude said:

Now you all members can't access topics on any forums. Each time you click on any topic the topic doesn't show anything. 

Do you have FTP? I'll provide a quick fix. If it works, I'll update the file.

Disable the app. Not sure what's going on and I can't work on this today anymore. Will take a look tomorrow in the morning.

Bah! Stupid me.... just submitted a fix and requested it to be urgent. Hope they review it today yet.

If you're reading this and DID NOT update yet, just don't do it and wait for version 4.2.4.1.

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria I have a lot of this error whenever members using the search "template_error"

OutOfRangeException (0)

#0 /srv/forums/system/Theme/Theme.php(926) : eval()'d code(26): IPS\_Content::loadAndCheckPerms(389314)
#1 /srv/forums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\banfromtopics_hook_bftSearch->searchResult(Array, Array, Array, Array, 1, Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), '\n\n<span class="...', 0, Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), '\n\n\t<div class='...', false, 'expanded', false, Array)
#2 /srv/forums/system/Content/Content.php(1721): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('searchResult', Array)
#3 /srv/forums/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Post.php(275): IPS\_Content::searchResult(Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, NULL, false, 'expanded', false, false, Array, Array)
#4 /srv/forums/init.php(902) : eval()'d code(49): IPS\forums\Topic\_Post::searchResult(Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, NULL, false, 'expanded', false, false, NULL, Array)
#5 /srv/forums/system/Content/Search/Result/Content.php(94): IPS\forums\Topic\banfromforums_hook_bmffSRAS::searchResult(Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, NULL, false, 'expanded', false, false, NULL, Array)
#6 /srv/forums/uploads/cache/template_81_5c11d8cc2e9a7d976520d54dda7bc0e9_search.php(2883): IPS\Content\Search\Result\_Content->html()
#7 /srv/forums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_search->resultStream(Object(IPS\Content\Search\Results), '<ul class='ipsP...', Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), NULL, 5428)
#8 /srv/forums/uploads/cache/template_81_5c11d8cc2e9a7d976520d54dda7bc0e9_search.php(2946): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('resultStream', Array)
#9 /srv/forums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_search->results('["office","2019...', 'e56026cda5382f4...', Object(IPS\Content\Search\Results), '<ul class='ipsP...', Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), 5428)
#10 /srv/forums/uploads/cache/template_81_5c11d8cc2e9a7d976520d54dda7bc0e9_search.php(3023): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('results', Array)
#11 /srv/forums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_search->search('["office","2019...', 'e56026cda5382f4...', Object(IPS\Content\Search\Results), '<ul class='ipsP...', Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Array, '\n\n\n<form accept...', 5428)
#12 /srv/forums/applications/core/modules/front/search/search.php(787): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('search', Array)
#13 /srv/forums/applications/core/modules/front/search/search.php(109): IPS\core\modules\front\search\_search->_results()
#14 /srv/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\search\_search->manage()
#15 /srv/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#16 /srv/forums/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#17 {main}

Is it related to this application ?

45 minutes ago, Afrodude said:

@Adriano Faria I have a lot of this error whenever members using the search "template_error"

OutOfRangeException (0)

#0 /srv/forums/system/Theme/Theme.php(926) : eval()'d code(26): IPS\_Content::loadAndCheckPerms(389314)
#1 /srv/forums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\banfromtopics_hook_bftSearch->searchResult(Array, Array, Array, Array, 1, Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), '\n\n<span class="...', 0, Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), '\n\n\t<div class='...', false, 'expanded', false, Array)
#2 /srv/forums/system/Content/Content.php(1721): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('searchResult', Array)
#3 /srv/forums/applications/forums/sources/Topic/Post.php(275): IPS\_Content::searchResult(Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, NULL, false, 'expanded', false, false, Array, Array)
#4 /srv/forums/init.php(902) : eval()'d code(49): IPS\forums\Topic\_Post::searchResult(Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, NULL, false, 'expanded', false, false, NULL, Array)
#5 /srv/forums/system/Content/Search/Result/Content.php(94): IPS\forums\Topic\banfromforums_hook_bmffSRAS::searchResult(Array, Array, Array, Array, Array, NULL, false, 'expanded', false, false, NULL, Array)
#6 /srv/forums/uploads/cache/template_81_5c11d8cc2e9a7d976520d54dda7bc0e9_search.php(2883): IPS\Content\Search\Result\_Content->html()
#7 /srv/forums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_search->resultStream(Object(IPS\Content\Search\Results), '<ul class='ipsP...', Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), NULL, 5428)
#8 /srv/forums/uploads/cache/template_81_5c11d8cc2e9a7d976520d54dda7bc0e9_search.php(2946): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('resultStream', Array)
#9 /srv/forums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_search->results('["office","2019...', 'e56026cda5382f4...', Object(IPS\Content\Search\Results), '<ul class='ipsP...', Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), 5428)
#10 /srv/forums/uploads/cache/template_81_5c11d8cc2e9a7d976520d54dda7bc0e9_search.php(3023): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('results', Array)
#11 /srv/forums/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_core_front_search->search('["office","2019...', 'e56026cda5382f4...', Object(IPS\Content\Search\Results), '<ul class='ipsP...', Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Array, '\n\n\n<form accept...', 5428)
#12 /srv/forums/applications/core/modules/front/search/search.php(787): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('search', Array)
#13 /srv/forums/applications/core/modules/front/search/search.php(109): IPS\core\modules\front\search\_search->_results()
#14 /srv/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\search\_search->manage()
#15 /srv/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#16 /srv/forums/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#17 {main}

Is it related to this application ?

No error here but you seem to have an old file in your system files. I should have changed the file at some point. The file in your error is applications/banfromforums/hooks/bftSearch.php. This isn't used anymore. The error happens in the searchResult method, which now is in the applications/banfromforums/hooks/bmffSRAS.php file.

Delete applications/banfromforums/hooks/bftSearch.php if you have FTP access.

10 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

No error here but you seem to have an old file in your system files. I should have changed the file at some point. The file in your error is applications/banfromforums/hooks/bftSearch.php. This isn't used anymore. The error happens in the searchResult method, which now is in the applications/banfromforums/hooks/bmffSRAS.php file.

Delete applications/banfromforums/hooks/bftSearch.php if you have FTP access.

Done file is deleted. 

Edited by Afrodude
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you Adriano for your great work everywhere not just on this application. 

I do have some feature suggestions: 

Add option for more than one type of ban. Now the only ban option is to completely ban from accessing the topic, and I suggestion to have three type of bans:

1. The normal complete ban not accessing the the forum.
  2. Restrict from posting content on the selected forum/forums. Can view the forum, but can't add a reply.
  3. Moderate Content. Can see and post on the selected forum/forums, yet the content will need a staff approval.

It would be nice if we have those features with this great application.