Ban Members From Forums

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I just added to the topic app. I can‘t do the same with this one because it is totally different than the other, technically. It would require a total rewrite of the resource, which is totally out of question for now. 

This is nice. As I said it is for future plans. Thank you for your nice and fast respond.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:59 PM, Adriano Faria said:

I just added to the topic app. I can‘t do the same with this one because it is totally different than the other, technically. It would require a total rewrite of the resource, which is totally out of question for now. 

Thank you for this hooks.

I's possible to remove notification for members which are banned ?

Edited by SebastienG
  • 1 month later...

hi, moderators with acces to this app doesn't see the "Ban From Forums" button from members profiles https://prnt.sc/qgws36 without having the "edit member profile" permission

i want to change this so my moderators can ban members from forums where they have moderator, but some of my moderators can't edit the members profiles so the button doesn't show up

thank you for your promt answer

i also have another feature request if you have time and will, i saw that if a moderator with moderator rights only in one forum for example ForumA they can "ban from forums" members from any forum, even from the forums where they don't have moderator; it is a easy way to make this so they can only ban from where they have moderator?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 9/20/2016 at 3:40 PM, alexxis said:

Hi Adriano!

Just bought your application and already have some suggestions:

1) How about to exclude the banned forums from the category view also? Currently the member is still allowed to see those forums in the parent categories

Снимок.PNG

These five forums are banned for the member from visiting. But they are still there :(

2) You say that " Topics from banned forums are excluded from Activity Streams, Search results and from user profiles. "

They are excluded from Activity Steams, true. But the posts and topics are still available for the user to view in the other users' content! :(  (which means, that the banned user still can check the posts by viewing others guys' profiles)

here: mydomain.ru/forum/profile/100-test/?do=content&type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1

and here: mydomain.ru/forum/profile/100-test/?do=content&type=forums_topic&change_section=1

Could you please check, if there is a bug, or is that supposed to work in this way?

Thanks,

Hi Adriano,

I started to use your application again, and I thought, those bugs were already fixed after 4 years, but they are not 😞 
Would you mind get back to those problems again, since having them on board, the application does not fully hide the certain forums from the banned member's view 😞 He still can view them (first point in my quoted post) and even read the content in them (second point) 😞 

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Afrodude said:

What about my request

Sorry, I didn’t say I would add it or would do it in this version. Keep making suggestions. I’ll add them if I think it adds some value to the resource.

Regarding your request, this is the ERROR CODE and it is used for support to identify where exactly the error happened, which consists the app + the place it happened (controller) + / specific place in the code, so obviously it can’t be customizable. That will not change.

You can change the message itself in your ACP: “You do not have permission to view this forum”.

Edited by Adriano Faria
13 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Sorry, I didn’t say I would add it or would do it in this version. Keep making suggestions. I’ll add them if I think it adds some value to the resource.

Regarding your request, this is the ERROR CODE and it is used for support to identify where exactly the error happened, which consists the app + the place it happened (controller) + / specific place in the code, so obviously it can’t be customizable. That will not change.

You can change the message itself in your ACP: “You do not have permission to view this forum”.

It's completely fine to have that error message, but is it possible to add more information under that error? 

13 minutes ago, Afrodude said:

It's completely fine to have that error message, but is it possible to add more information under that error? 

No, that’s why there’s a “You don’t have permission...” message there. Edit it in your ACP. The code error is for development/support purposes only.

On 12/28/2019 at 10:20 PM, usp said:

thank you for your promt answer

i also have another feature request if you have time and will, i saw that if a moderator with moderator rights only in one forum for example ForumA they can "ban from forums" members from any forum, even from the forums where they don't have moderator; it is a easy way to make this so they can only ban from where they have moderator?

hi, an update on my request? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Adriano,

Version 4.2.1 is the latest for the IPS 4.4.*?

This version is not as good as the previous one from April (4.2.0) 😞 

- The version 4.2.1 does not hide the banned forums from the All Activity page 😞

The version 4.2.1 does let the user read the topics from banned forums 😞 Meaning that the user is still able to see the topics on the All activity page, then click on the link there, and redirect to the topic for reading it.

The version 4.2.0 does not have these problems.

Please advise,

1 hour ago, alexxis said:

Hi Adriano,

Version 4.2.1 is the latest for the IPS 4.4.*?

This version is not as good as the previous one from April (4.2.0) 😞 

- The version 4.2.1 does not hide the banned forums from the All Activity page 😞

The version 4.2.1 does let the user read the topics from banned forums 😞 Meaning that the user is still able to see the topics on the All activity page, then click on the link there, and redirect to the topic for reading it.

The version 4.2.0 does not have these problems.

Please advise,

4.2.1 was supposed, obviously, to work as 4.2.0. The only difference between them is that I removed columns from core_members table and create its own table. But that’s released on May, 8, after some tests. Did you notice issues only now or did you just upgraded?

Send a PM if you want to share some private information as host credentials so I can take a look tomorrow.