Square Wheels

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, A Zayed said:

It doesn't seem to be reasonable to have many avatars with different sizes (If I understood correctly)

I think you misunderstood.  I would like a user to be able to select the size they see everyone's avatar.  So if they want them a little smaller, they select 90% and all avatars will display 90% of their original size.  If they want them bigger, they can select 110% and so on.  Each users actual avatar size will not be changed, just the display of it on a per user basis.

There was an old 3.4.x addon that allowed users to hide avatars... you might want to contact the author of that addon and see if they would be willing to update and modify it for 4.x. (UPDATE: here it is: 

Keep in mind with resizing avatars - if a user increases the size of an avatar (which is a pixel-based image) beyond its original pixel dimensions, the avatar will look blurry. Conversely, if they resize it down drastically, the image quality will suffer as well.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:46 AM, Square Wheels said:

I think you misunderstood.  I would like a user to be able to select the size they see everyone's avatar.  So if they want them a little smaller, they select 90% and all avatars will display 90% of their original size.  If they want them bigger, they can select 110% and so on.  Each users actual avatar size will not be changed, just the display of it on a per user basis.

So all avatars will be increased by the same percentage?

I've made a quick try on this but doesn't seem to be reasonable too..

Could you calerify the purpose? I think that IPS default images sizing is the best (tiny/mini/medium/small/large/x-large

Archived