Permissions alternative

marklcfc

• 2 weeks later...

A specific member or a group of members? Permissions are group/forum based - ACP -> Community -> (Forums) Forums. Click dropdown arrow beside the forum, choose permissions.

If it's a group of members - simple, modify the permissions to 'Post new topics' and 'Reply to topics'

If it's a specific user - well, they would need to be in a group of their own to have the restrictions put in place.

I don't recall seeing a setting before that allows member specific permissions, so if it was that which you had then maybe it was a plugin?

3 hours ago, Nathan Explosion said:

A specific member or a group of members? Permissions are group/forum based - ACP -> Community -> (Forums) Forums. Click dropdown arrow beside the forum, choose permissions.

If it's a group of members - simple, modify the permissions to 'Post new topics' and 'Reply to topics'

If it's a specific user - well, they would need to be in a group of their own to have the restrictions put in place.

I don't recall seeing a setting before that allows member specific permissions, so if it was that which you had then maybe it was a plugin?

On 3.x you could select a second permissions set, no plugin was used.

You would have to create a new group that you placed only that member in. (But I realize that's likely not what you would want due to how it would be public)

IPS 4 removed permission sets. There's really no equivalent way of doing what you did before, unless there is a plugin for it in Marketplace or you have one made.

Ah, permission masks.

Try this idea out - use a secondary group to grant the forum permissions, instead of the main group. So those in the main group only will not have forum permissions unless they are also in the secondary group.....so if you want to remove someone's permissions then you just remove them from the secondary group.

Archived