Help with building our website with Pages (paid)

Gabriel Torres

Hi guys,

I've finally decided to move our website, which currently uses a custom CMS solution, to Pages. The goal is to have everything in a single platform, which helps us in the long run, plus we get a better integration between our website and our community.

Pages is too powerful and too intimidating, and I don't even know where to start.

At this point, I want to hire someone to help me setting up Pages, in the way we more or less preserve all features and organizational structure we currently use. Honestly, the converter itself is the easy part, the hard part I am finding is to make Pages to look like what I want. This job probably includes helping creating a custom Theme for us.

Our website is this one: www.clubedohardware.com.br

The contents are divided into sections, such as motherboards, CPU, Video Cards, Storage, etc. and each article can be of several "types" such as article, review, news, etc. Each article can also be linked to a given manufacturer (Intel, AMD, NVIDIA), so it is easy for a user to find all article that talk about "Intel", for example. We also have a few static pages.

Another feature we would need is the ability to break down articles in several pages. This is really important to increase the number of pageviews ($$$).

We need a complete revamp on our layout, which looks outdated; that is a given.

Of course, I am willing to pay for this consulting/help.

Let me know if you need more information, and thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Gabriel.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/14/2016 at 5:27 AM, Gabriel Torres said:

@EricT yes, I have. @newbie LAC developed a plugin for that. Contact him if you are interested.

Gabriel.

On 7/14/2016 at 5:33 AM, EricT said:

Thank you ! I will contact him ^_^

Having pagination in articles is a built in feature. Not sure if you're talking about the same thing, but it's already a possibility, straight out of the box

47 minutes ago, Dylan Riggs said:

Having pagination in articles is a built in feature. Not sure if you're talking about the same thing, but it's already a possibility, straight out of the box

Yes, it is done with a tag, but the result is very very bad.

3 minutes ago, EricT said:

What I want : 

It is possible to do that without a plugin ? I don't want all the content charging on the first page and content splited with javascript (I don't know if my english is clear)

I can check and see - The pagination is simply using bbcode, which is a sort of 'customized' html. The looks I'm pretty sure can be altered without a hook of sorts. though you may have to edit a couple templates to do so, you could also do a few things with JS and such. A hook/plug-in of these sorts would kind of be doing the same thing, but automated for you and installable on other sites, and not tied down to just yours. But the code's coming from somewhere ^_^

Does that make sense?

Archived