Need some help with notifications

Michael R

I have a few hundred members who's email address is in the system, but no longer valid. Many of them are following specific forums, topics, and albums and have their settings to receive emails. Unfortunately, since their email addresses are no longer valid *I* get all the bounces to my email address. Every other weeks or so I will get over a 1,000 messages sent at one time to my inbox.

So how do I fix this? Is there a way to easily un-follow everything for all members? Am I the only one with this issue? Is this a server problem?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 8:44 PM, Michael R said:

I have a few hundred members who's email address is in the system, but no longer valid. Many of them are following specific forums, topics, and albums and have their settings to receive emails. Unfortunately, since their email addresses are no longer valid *I* get all the bounces to my email address. Every other weeks or so I will get over a 1,000 messages sent at one time to my inbox.

So how do I fix this? Is there a way to easily un-follow everything for all members? Am I the only one with this issue? Is this a server problem?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

I just upgraded and found this problem too. For users who have not logged in for over a year I am deleting their accounts, and for others I am manually resetting their notifications to PM not email.

Ideally, I would like to mass prune all users to have no email notifications by default unless they choose them on next login.

7 minutes ago, AshieF73 said:

I just upgraded and found this problem too. For users who have not logged in for over a year I am deleting their accounts, and for others I am manually resetting their notifications to PM not email.

Ideally, I would like to mass prune all users to have no email notifications by default unless they choose them on next login.

I don't like deleting member accounts. Unless they have never posted anything, it messes up threads and causes confusion.

I can't believable there is no way to reset all notifications.

Archived