IP.Pages Polls

Joey_M

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

When you try to create a new poll on listing template a menu advice into area where you would append the poll.

areapoll.thumb.png.01247e1ff38a33facdc44cbdced42aa0.png

Another popup appear or a another select if exist more then one category.

For forthcoming version I will offer a Poll item with link such /poll/1-title/ (with ability to create category and feature related to item content)

This app should work from the version 4.2.0, SORRY for keep you waiting.

One suggestion - option to hide results until poll is closed. This is vital when you don't want the users to be affected by the ongoing results. I know it is possible to hide the results until voting, but as a guest you were able to see the results, which makes it pointless. Also, the more creative members can use separate accounts or share information with others...thus I believe a dedicated option to hide votes from everyone until the poll is closed is important. 

I am also very much interested in such an app, I don't do a lot of polls in my community, but the ones I do are usually very complicated and involved. 

On 28/7/2017 at 1:33 PM, jair101 said:

One suggestion - option to hide results until poll is closed. This is vital when you don't want the users to be affected by the ongoing results. I know it is possible to hide the results until voting, but as a guest you were able to see the results, which makes it pointless. Also, the more creative members can use separate accounts or share information with others...thus I believe a dedicated option to hide votes from everyone until the poll is closed is important. 

I am also very much interested in such an app, I don't do a lot of polls in my community, but the ones I do are usually very complicated and involved. 

I will try to add this inside first beta :thumbsup: I am at good point (categories 50% done I am adding some settings, item 40%, friendly urls are done) until september I do not release public but I will notice into this topic the developments (screenshot, video...)

42 minutes ago, Saurabh Jain said:

when this will be available 

Check literally the post above yours:

On 8/1/2017 at 10:12 PM, BomAle said:

until september I do not release public but I will notice into this topic the developments (screenshot, video...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@BomAle - I just thought of another useful option if it is not too late to implement it. Right now we have single choice and multiple choice voting with multiple choice being unlimited. I think it will be useful if we can put a limit on the unlimited multiple choice, i.e. you can vote for more then 1, but not more then 3 options. 

On 22/09/2017 at 6:07 PM, BomAle said:

I'm not able to accurately set an ETA to this app for work reasons, if I set it I have something presentable by the end of October.

Would you consider releasing an early version?

Right now, I really could do with allowing guests to vote by default. So, if you could release something whereby the basics worked fine - whilst you implement further features this would be awesome. I'm not trying to rush you at all, but I think this would allow people to get the use out of the plugin and still remain actively aware of it.

• 5 weeks later...

C'mon @BomAle, any chance of an update? It's been a complete month since anyone last posted.

I'm very keen to see this released, and I can appreciate your working on this in your free time but I also feel like I've been here before. Please consider releasing something which will ensure those who are passionate about this can help you further - I honestly think if certain features are holding you back, then meeting people half way is at least something. I've seen plugins promised, yet never released and I've seen them released ages after interest was first expressed.

Let's not make this one, I'd love to see guests available to vote. I'm sure people will support the plugin/app and be pleased at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, I have to manage how to display it ("inside/before/after" first comment/post or selector, require vote before see replies or viceversa, style popup, embed vote form or a link/summary to poll...).

Sorry for delay, I am busy with other jobs but I would end it as soon as possible. Thanks for patience ?

• 7 months later...

Archived