Articles in Pages created locked by default

IntenT

Hello,

I have IPS4 (4.1.8.1) running Pages database.

It looks like all articles (or database entries) created by regular users are created locked by default, and can not be unlocked by the author.

Is it possible to create new database entries unlocked by default, so authors can edit them later? Is there a specific setting for that? 

Thanks  in advance

PS: All permissions are set to enable Adding, Editing of entries and fields in Pages database.

Can you clarify what you mean by “locked”. This term is usually used for “open for commenting”. But I sense you are only talking about editing the record itself. 

For the latter there are only two settings which effect the result:
a) the group permission setting for the database
b) the global setting for the time users are allowed to edit an entry, which can be overridden by a database setting to edit records indefinitely. 

If both are set properly, an edit button should appear. If not, you might want to open a support ticket with IPS to have that checked out on your site. Also make sure your templates are up to date. 

53 minutes ago, opentype said:

Can you clarify what you mean by “locked”. This term is usually used for “open for commenting”. But I sense you are only talking about editing the record itself. 

For the latter there are only two settings which effect the result:
a) the group permission setting for the database
b) the global setting for the time users are allowed to edit an entry, which can be overridden by a database setting to edit records indefinitely. 

If both are set properly, an edit button should appear. If not, you might want to open a support ticket with IPS to have that checked out on your site. Also make sure your templates are up to date. 

No @opentype he means when you post a new article it's automatically locked from comments after hitting save is I believe what he's referring too here. Happens to me so I am figuring that's what he's getting too here.

Hello,

When I say 'locked' I mean it is marked with a lock sign near articles title, and author can not edit it and nobody can comment or review the article.

To enable author to edit his/her article, administrator/moderator has to mark it with checkbox and select  'unlock' it from  moderators popup menu .

Selection_003.thumb.png.d35c5a09068946f9

Archived