Maintenance in Progress message in other languages

Gabriel Torres

Hi,

When a upgrade is being performed, the "message in progress" is loaded from a static file (as the database is being manipulated). So there is no way for us to translate this message.

My suggestion is to provide an option to choose the language for this message, i.e. message in other languages included in the static file.

As our forums are in Portuguese and most Brazilians can't read English, it would be really great to have this option, especially when the upgrade takes more than a few minutes, like it was today with 4.1.8, which took a couple of hours.

Thanks,

Gabriel.

maintenance-in-progress.png

1 hour ago, Gabriel Torres said:

Hi,

When a upgrade is being performed, the "message in progress" is loaded from a static file (as the database is being manipulated). So there is no way for us to translate this message.

My suggestion is to provide an option to choose the language for this message, i.e. message in other languages included in the static file.

As our forums are in Portuguese and most Brazilians can't read English, it would be really great to have this option, especially when the upgrade takes more than a few minutes, like it was today with 4.1.8, which took a couple of hours.

Thanks,

Gabriel.

maintenance-in-progress.png

I made a custom page! 

• 5 months later...

Archived