AdminCP theme issue

EricT

Personally I think ACP Themes and front-end themes should be their own separate entities. Most theme developers aren't looking at skinning the ACP and as such it just makes think unreadable there. Even if you switch back to default for ACP; the actual login screen uses part of the theme set as default and as such looks partially unreadable too on most themes. I think it'd make more sense to separate ACP theming from the frontend themeing as a result.

44 minutes ago, Koby said:

Personally I think ACP Themes and front-end themes should be their own separate entities. Most theme developers aren't looking at skinning the ACP and as such it just makes think unreadable there. Even if you switch back to default for ACP; the actual login screen uses part of the theme set as default and as such looks partially unreadable too on most themes. I think it'd make more sense to separate ACP theming from the frontend themeing as a result.

I totally agree, the ACP is not something you need to "sell" to your members, so why have it themed?

I can understand an option of light & dark versions of the default theme as some people like things to be dark rather than bright, but I cannot understand having all skins available in the ACP

It can become a bit tedious to say the least. Creating a theme for a normal view is one thing. Then you have to take it a few steps further to make sure it is responsive which at this point it is already 3 in 1 compared to the old ways of 3.4.x and earlier. Now to add the CKEditor which is also now separate and on its own plus the admin theme takes a bit of extra time in added theme changes... But in this case and issue that @Eric Turmeland others are having is somewhat common at this point between theme changes at present.

Archived