strike 1, strike 2 you're out for 15 minutes?

SJ77

@superj707, then you need to choose a password that you're going to remember, or even better, write your password down so you don't forget it. Additionally, use the forget password feature to reset your password. The "locked accounts" feature works exactly as it should be. It definitely should NOT be weakened just because you got locked out of your own account because you forgot your password.

@-FP, thanks for posting that. While I've personally ran into occasions where I forgot the password to my community, I've actually resorted to submitting a support ticket to help resolve the issue. @superj707 may be frustrated, but they really need to select a password and write it down somewhere that will be secured from prying eyes. They want IPS to roll back the option of locking accounts because they forgot their own administrators password. I actually created two root administrator accounts. The main one I use for posting and interacting with my community, and the backup I never post with, in case such a thing happens where I get locked out of my main account. If superj707 gets locked out of their account, then its not IPS' fault that it happened. The "locked" feature helps secure forum accounts from being hacked.

To remove that feature or weaken it simply increases the vulnerability of your community. Every forum software has the ability to lock someone's account due to an incorrect login. IPS, vBulletin, phpBB, Xenforo ... every forum software platform has this feature.

Archived