make the remote images setting - Disallow pasting images

Netherlord

Can you make it so when the allow remote images is off and you dont allow images to be posted. That it also disables pasting of images. my users found out they can paste images and i disabled the setting due to copyright issues. Now they just paste away and i edit soo many posts a day now. and my site is vulnerable again.

Why have that setting at all. Is this just oversight?

1 hour ago, chilihead said:

Follow this bug:

many have filed similar reports. all closed!

29 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

Or this one:

What do I think? I think it should be fixed....not much more I can add to that, so not sure what you are looking for me to add @Netherlord. The issue doesn't affect me personally as I allow remote images.

I guess i want to others to feel my pain. I've filed a few reports and every time im told its fixed and it gets closed. I feel as if im being fogged off.

1 hour ago, Netherlord said:

many have filed similar reports. all closed!

I guess i want to others to feel my pain. I've filed a few reports and every time im told its fixed and it gets closed. I feel as if im being fogged off.

My bug is pending, but if this is affecting your community right now, file a support ticket. This is what IPS recommends:

On 12/6/2015 at 11:46 AM, Marc S said:

I would say to this, please feel free to submit a support ticket if you have a problem with your site that is affecting your community. Bug reports will be worked through and are certainly not ignored, however they will be treated with a lower priority than that of a ticket. This is for obvious reasons. Someone reporting a bug may have found an issue in the software that they have found a way around, but is nevertheless a bug, or may not even use that feature, but have found a bug. Someone posting a support ticket has a problem with their own site, and requires support with it.

We're here to help you. If you have an issue which is affecting you, send a ticket in :)

Archived