Jump to content

Highlight Linked Posts (Support)


Michael.J
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 9 months later...
5 hours ago, Simon Woods said:

It works to highlight with the default colours. Unsure the colour changes work on a custom theme, though.

I will make the change in the theme myself easily enough but just wanted to let you know that using the built-in colour picker doesn't change the colours on my custom theme.

What theme is that? Is it possible to view it in operation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mike John said:

What theme is that? Is it possible to view it in operation?

Huh, that's weird. It is half-working now -- the background has changed but the border has not. When I first tested changing the colours earlier it didn't work at all.

Example: http://revolutions.chroniclesofthedas.com/index.php?/topic/4782-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/#comment-93739

Maybe I need to refresh the site's data? Is there even anything like that that could have an effect on this?

Edited by Simon Woods
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Simon Woods said:

Maybe I need to refresh the site's data? Is there even anything like that that could have an effect on this?

Try to rule out a css issue first. If you view the source code of the topic and view the css link near the top. Can you see any reference to something like this or the highlight.css file?

:target + .cPost  {
    background: {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_colour"} !important;
    border-color: {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"} {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"} {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"} {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"};
}

:target + .cPost aside {
    background: {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_colour"} !important;
}

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Try to rule out a css issue first. If you view the source code of the topic and view the css link near the top. Can you see any reference to something like this or the highlight.css file?


:target + .cPost  {
    background: {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_colour"} !important;
    border-color: {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"} {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"} {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"} {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_border"};
}

:target + .cPost aside {
    background: {setting="highlightLinkedPosts_colour"} !important;
}

 

That's in there, yep -- I got that via Inspect rather than View page source. The border-color has a line through it. Got that from here: http://revolutions.chroniclesofthedas.com/index.php?/topic/4782-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story/#comment-81806

 

Also, it's ehren's Dispersion theme with a bunch of custom css.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/1/2020 at 7:38 AM, optrexnz said:

Can you explain how I use this mod please? I want to highlight posts within a topic, but am not sure how its supposed to work

This only highlights a linked post, so for example if someone opens your post in their browser it would highlight that post - https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/422978-highlight-linked-posts-support/?do=findComment&comment=2832908

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...