I upgraded to 4.1.3.2

Netherlord

3 hours ago, DealTrakr said:

That's weird, mine asked me to download/upload files.

Same here. I'm guessing there may be some permissions requirements that allow the auto upgrader to work on some servers but not others — possibly what user or group "owns" the files on the server.  Hopefully at some point there will be documentation and instructions on how to chmod or chown the necessary files and folders to make it work for those of for whom this would be a welcome feature. 

Not sure of the context for those embedded topics. At least in my case I know I have to trigger the update myself. However the server-to-server transfer fails and the process appears to automatically kick over to either delta download (the previous method) or full-on suite download from the client center (the previous previous method :p )

I apologize if I missed the own-server setup instructions in reskimming those topics.

Well I'll be darned. While 4.1.2 → 4.1.3.1 did not succeed yesterday, when the update banner on my self-hosted site appeared a few minutes ago for 4.1.3.2  I tried the auto updater again and this time it went all the way through with just a few button clicks. Neato.  

Archived