4.1.2 install with 3.4.8 database only?

B24

I was wondering if as the title say, I could do a 4.1.2 install with only having the 3.4.8 database? My forum is basically gone and all that is left is the MySQL database for the forums. I was running 3.4.8 at the time.

Thanks for any help.

Yes although you will not have things like uploaded profile pictures, post attachments, gallery images (if you had Gallery) , download files (if you had Downloads) , put it simply you'd retain your topics/posts/polls/messages etc and Blog entries (if you had Blog)

Upload the 348 database and then upload the 4.1.2 files and run the upgrader via /admin/upgrade

Ideally it should be the same domain/location as the 34x one was.

Bit more info: You'd probably have to fill in the conf_global file yourself but its quite straightforward, url / database details etc.

Support should be able to assist you if you are not sure, but ensure you upload (import) your database and create a db user / pass for it, then contact support.

I'm assuming you are 'self hosted' ? As if you're a hosted ('Cloud') client its going to be a bit easier / quicker for support as they'll be able to do the 'db' side of it for you. If in any doubt about what to do just submit a ticket in the Client Area and a tech will be able to advise you. :)

1 hour ago, B24 said:

Thank you very much for your help.

Do you or anyone else have a sample conf_global file that I can fill in for 4.1.2?

<?php

$INFO = array (
  'sql_host' => 'localhost',
  'sql_database' => 'database name here',
  'sql_user' => 'database user name here',
  'sql_pass' => 'database user password here',
  'sql_port' => 3306,
  'sql_socket' => '',
  'sql_tbl_prefix' => '',
  'sql_utf8mb4' => true,
  'board_start' => 1443657600,
  'installed' => true,
  'base_url' => 'put the full url here do *NOT* include a trailing or ending slash',
  'guest_group' => 2,
  'member_group' => 3,
  'admin_group' => 4,
);

Fill in as needed, I've provided comments. The 'board_start' can be left like that. FWIW I just did that at random its 1st October 2015 @ 00:00

Archived