Articles vs Blogs & how to have Articles published on main page

TheGreyWizard

Can anyone explain the difference in the blogs vs articles ability of IPS suite?

I was originally publishing articles in my blog section, but then while figuring out the Admin dashboard I found an Articles page and it seems like a more appropriate way to do this/

My main intention is to have these articles populate in a blocked section on my main page, but sadly I don't see any plugins available for me to drag & drop on to the page.  

Any ideas or advice?

I always thought of it in terms of who wants to publish.  Blogs is for anyone in your community to have a voice in their own individual blog.  Pages is for only specific members / membergroups to write articles.  

You don't need plugins.  Open up the block manager on left hand side of page, and you can drag and drop blocks as needed.  

• 8 months later...

What is better for SEO, blogs or articles?  I'm switching it up between the 2, putting more original content in the blogs and news articles from other websites in articles but wondering if it would better to put my original content in articles instead?

• 5 weeks later...

Archived