IPS4, A hook that makes url links non clickable.

Jamie Clark

Hello,

It would be great if somebody was willing to create a hook for IP.Board 4 that once installed, when you enter

url links in the post editor it automatically makes them non clickable by wrapping them in code tag for you.

With an option in the hook settings, it gives you the option of excluding the url links from the board itself but

will wrapping them in code tag if they are external links leading away from your board.

Thanks Hulu. It would be great if you could come up with something like this that could make url links non clickable automatically on your board.

I can remember there was an edit or mod available for the very old IP.Board versions that could make all board url links non clickable without

even needing to use code tags. IPS removed the ability of being able to do this from newer versions of IP.Board.

Can anybody remember that edit or mod I am talking about and what IP.Board was the last version that it worked on?

It would be excellent if this was posible again without even needing to use code tags to make them non clickable.

If this isn't possible anymore then a hook that is able to do what I specifically asked with url links being automatically

warped in code tag for you would be great.

Sorry Hulu, I can only be contacted via email.

I think what the OP is looking for is something that stops them parsing, regardless of how they were entered, be that via an editor button, typed directly or pasted in.

So that for instance

https://www.google.com

becomes

https://www.google.com

In other words, you have to select the text to open it, its not directly accessible via a click.

Thanks guys. That is exactly the way I wanted it but preferably without the code tag surrounding box. Hulu is in conversation with me via private message that he is making a hook that can stop url links being clickable by ether warping them in code tag or making them non clickable even without the code tag.

He showed me a video demonstration of his hook in action. He might post the demonstration here for members to have a look at.

He should have the hook finished soon.

The example below I have made from a board screenshot and a image editor to add the url to the post in the screenshot which is meant to be a non clickable url link is what I was looking for and Hulu has said to me he can make his hook do that.

Snap2_png_600f0b7b46d9fd26681aa9e8c6c1b7

His finished hook with be able to automatically wrap url links in ether code tag or you can set it to do like the above screenshot example.

13 minutes ago, Jamie Clark said:

Thanks guys. That is exactly the way I wanted it but preferably without the code tag surrounding box. Hulu is in conversation with me via private message that he is making a hook that can stop url links being clickable by ether warping them in code tag or making them non clickable even without the code tag.

He showed me a video demonstration of his hook in action. He might post the demonstration here for members to have a look at.

He should have the hook finished soon.

If you go into the settings shown above it doesn't put the link in a code box, AndyF was just using that as an example, it will show like it does in the screenshot in your second post, no need for the plugin, go try it

I am new to IP.Board 4 and still haven't checked all features and options. I didn't realize IP.Board 4 has this ability to do that. I do know that IP.Board 3.x didn't have this ability.

Hulu hook should still be good as I think his hook is able to make it do that even without setting that option and you can enable or disable it and it can automatically wraps the url links in code tag for you as well if you set it to do that instead of you manually putting them in code tag yourself within the post editor.

Archived