Jump to content

Still don't know how to go to new posts


Square Wheels
 Share

Recommended Posts

When I am in an activity stream and I click the circle that says go to new post, it seems to take me to the end.  I just tested this on a post that I had not read before.

How do I get to the first unread post if I am using the stream?  Also, clicking on the title used to simply bring me to the first post, it doesn't seem to do that anymore.

Have these processes changed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎02‎/‎10‎/‎2015‎, Square Wheels said:

When I am in an activity stream and I click the circle that says go to new post, it seems to take me to the end.  I just tested this on a post that I had not read before.

How do I get to the first unread post if I am using the stream?  Also, clicking on the title used to simply bring me to the first post, it doesn't seem to do that anymore.

Have these processes changed?

On this site (IPS) I click the 'My Activity' tab >> 'My Activity Content' >> unread content

click the 'blue' circle to left of topic title and takes me to first post as it should and not last one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, steve00 said:

On this site (IPS) I click the 'My Activity' tab >> 'My Activity Content' >> unread content

click the 'blue' circle to left of topic title and takes me to first post as it should and not last one

What does the blue circle do for a post you have not read before?  For me it takes me to the last post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

What does the blue circle do for a post you have not read before?  For me it takes me to the last post.

As I stated

Quote

click the 'blue' circle to left of topic title and takes me to first post as it should and not last one

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.  I use this stream: https://community.invisionpower.com/discover/unread/.

I clicked the blue circle again for a post I am sure I never read, this is the link it brought me to, obviously going to the last post (at the time of this post):

https://community.invisionpower.com/topic/421182-board-member-account-credit/#comment-2585599

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Ausy said:

I confirm its taking me to the last post of topics I have not read also. Looks like a bug.

In some places IPS decided to use a getLastComment instead of a getNewComment link; you have to change that in the theme template(s).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, HeatSeeker said:

In some places IPS decided to use a getLastComment instead of a getNewComment link; you have to change that in the theme template(s).

Well that seems silly.  The mouse over tells me first unread post.

I suspect they'll fix this before the final release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Well, I wish I knew what I was doing wrong.  I use this stream: https://community.invisionpower.com/discover/unread/.

I clicked the blue circle again for a post I am sure I never read, this is the link it brought me to, obviously going to the last post (at the time of this post):

Still goes to first post for me, admitted if a topic only has 2 posts then looks like going to last post but if scroll up you will see there are no posts above it.

I also tried Group Collaboration (as seen by screenie) (389 posts) and took me to first post

post1.jpg.bf9ee02e32d92c062e8445f4940a4e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Well that seems silly.  The mouse over tells me first unread post.

I suspect they'll fix this before the final release.

It's immensely illogical, but it's been there since 4.0 so I wouldn't count on them changing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HeatSeeker said:

It's immensely illogical, but it's been there since 4.0 so I wouldn't count on them changing it.

I don't agree, my 4.0.13 board works as expected.  If I click on the title I go to the beginning of the thread, if I click on the circle I go to the first unread post.

If they changed that logic, I'm curious what it is now.

17 hours ago, chilihead said:

Should be reported.

Done

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...