Topic Password Protection

About This File

This plugin will allow users to create topics using password to protect them. This plugin uses cookies to store the encrypted password.

Areas covered:

• Topic
  • Topic preview popup on forum view
  • Activity Stream
  • Search results
  • User Content
  • RSS: topics with password are excluded from RSS feed

Settings:

• Groups allowed to create topics with password
  • Groups allowed to read topics without typing the password
  • Which forums can have their topics created using password
  • Log topic password actions: add a password, edit the password and remove the password
  • Number of days to expire the Cookie

Note:

• Due to the rework on plugin (every new resource has to be done from the scratch to run on  IPS4), a new purchase is required. Thank you for your understanding.

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Elie mouannes said:

Help me please !

56cffe41bde97_ScreenShot2016-02-26at2.26

I when i click on it, it works.. it ask me for a password but on the main forum it does not show that it's private the logo like you posted in your screenshot .. please help

What's New in Version 2.0.1:

• Re added password badge on forum view
  • Script otimization on plugin uninstall
  • Fixed missing language bit on settings

Capturar.png

• 1 month later...

I've just noticed another bug. There is an ability to set a password to any topic in certain forums regardless of the option 'Use Password in'. I use IPB v4.1.11.

Edited by Safety1st
any forum -> certain forums; didn't find the regularity

@Adriano Faria I just installed v2.0.2 as a new plugin. The main problem (visibility under activity) is gone. But plugin shows 'Password' menu in any forum topic created be me. Although I'm not able to set password in any forum except listed in 'Use Password in' option. Is it desired behavior? I believe the more sense to hide 'Password' menu where function cannot be used.

Edited by Safety1st
2 hours ago, Safety1st said:

@Adriano Faria I just installed v2.0.2 as a new plugin. The main problem (visibility under activity) is gone. But plugin shows 'Password' menu in any forum topic created be me. Although I'm not able to set password in any forum except listed in 'Use Password in' option. Is it desired behavior? I believe the more sense to hide 'Password' menu where function cannot be used.

File reuploaded. Update your install.

Since no one else downloaded this latest release, version kept.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@Adriano Faria We noticed continuous errors when a user accesses to any not existed topic:

The URL of page the error occurred on was https://goldsrc.ru/topic/12345/

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/goldsrc.ru/system/Content/Content.php(81): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('12345')
#1 /var/www/goldsrc.ru/init.php(442) : eval()'d code(14): IPS\_Content::loadAndCheckPerms('12345')
#2 /var/www/goldsrc.ru/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\hook258->manage()
#3 /var/www/goldsrc.ru/system/Content/Controller.php(46): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /var/www/goldsrc.ru/applications/forums/modules/front/forums/topic.php(40): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#5 /var/www/goldsrc.ru/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\forums\modules\front\forums\_topic->execute()
#6 /var/www/goldsrc.ru/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

BACKTRACE
#0 /var/www/goldsrc.ru/init.php(506): IPS\_Log::log('OutOfRangeExcep...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(OutOfRangeException))
#2 {main}

We have custom friendly URL for topics:

https://goldsrc.ru/topic/id

Edited by Safety1st