editing join dates on database?

TAMAN

Hi

Hi!
a couple weeks ago i merged 2 ip.board forums and now i notice that some users has a wrong join dates on their profile for example if they had registered on 2010 now it shows a different join dates 
its probably because they had the same user name and email address on both sides while i merged forums  

but im asking if its possible to change user join dates manually on database? i really need to do this and its important

Hello, 

This is possible, but you always need to be careful when you do manual queries, of course.

If this is on IPS 4, then the following query should work:

UPDATE core_members SET joined=UNIX_TIMESTAMP('2004-10-30 09:00:00') WHERE member_id=X;

You'll need to add your database-prefix before "core_members" and replace X with the ID of the member you wish to update. You can find the member ID in the URL to that members profile. For example: https://community.invisionpower.com/profile/135437-tsp/

You also need to change the date, obviously. It's in the format of "year-month-day hour:minute:second". 

If this is on IPS 3.4.X, then the table name is "members" instead of "core_members". The rest of the query is the same.

Archived