Youtube media embedder

CalvinK

Hi there,

Can we please look at addressing this? Ultimately I have members who would like to embed them and those who just want to post them as links. I would rather those looking to embed them did so through a button. However anyone who posts the link has it automatically embedded. When people quote that post, it causes a lot of issues.

Even if there is a way to just stop it showing up in quotes, that would be helpful. But it'd be nice if instead of automatically embedding it, it left it as a link and gave a separate button for embedding.

It has its uses, but if someone just wants to post a link to the content there must be a way to stop it auto-embedding.

It's not just the quoting, it's also the fact that when a youtube video is embedded in the editor, it's absolutely huge! It's a similar story with a lot of content that can be embedded and is not limited to Youtube.

Agree, it is rather on the large side!  I like auto embed, but some controls would be preferred, and there really isn't a need for it to be so massive when a user can click full screen if they choose.

Uhh.. this won't control it for you?

Screen-Shot-2015-09-07-at-5.30.53-PM.thu

As for posting the link?  Why not just simply use some text and then make it a hyperlink like this.

My big complaint is that you can only use the media BBcode that IPS has provided to auto insert the video.  There is no ability to create your own.

Uhh.. this won't control it for you?

Screen-Shot-2015-09-07-at-5.30.53-PM.thu

As for posting the link?  Why not just simply use some text and then make it a hyperlink like this.

My big complaint is that you can only use the media BBcode that IPS has provided to auto insert the video.  There is no ability to create your own.

It fixes it when it's been posted, but it's still huge within the editor itself, sadly.

It fixes it when it's been posted, but it's still huge within the editor itself, sadly.

Not sure if it's an issue with the editor IPS uses or what.  I know with my XenForo sites which uses Redactor that is not an issue. I have a feeling it's more an issue with IPS coding itself.  With XenForo, the video does not present itself until the message is saved.

EDIT:

You may have something else going on.  I just did a test on my 4.0.13.1 site, and it made the insert small.

Screen_Shot_2015-09-09_at_1.30.42_AM.thuScreen_Shot_2015-09-09_at_1.30.49_AM.thuScreen_Shot_2015-09-09_at_1.30.57_AM.thu

Archived