Country Field

EmpireKicking

I have CVH Country Field 1.0.3 plugin, 

It shows in profile, But I like it to show in the topics and posts. I looked around and there is no settings for it

There's no settings because it's built into IPS. Edit your Country field and go to Search & Display Options - Display Format in the form. Put

<strong>{title}:</strong> {content}

Do not replace the variables with something else though you can tweak the HTML.

Hope that helps. :)

There's no settings because it's built into IPS. Edit your Country field and go to Search & Display Options - Display Format in the form. Put

<strong>{title}:</strong> {content}

Do not replace the variables with something else though you can tweak the HTML.

Hope that helps. :)

DAmn that was easy, I feel like an noob 

what if I just want the flag and the name of the Country instead of  "Country Field"

DAmn that was easy, I feel like an noob 

what if I just want the flag and the name of the Country instead of  "Country Field"

To simply put the flag

{content}

There's no option to put the country name under it put if you put your mouse over it the country name should show up.

A setting could be made to display the name under the flag in future releases.

• 3 years later...
On 3/11/2019 at 7:20 PM, Adriano Faria said:

It uses IPS Geolocation feature. Scotland doesn't even appears to be selected manually. It will show as United Kingdom.

IPczIQO.png

Btw, someone else already asked that:

No use to me then. ;) The last plugin allowed countries to be added manually. I'm Scottish, not British. ;)

6 minutes ago, Lenny Warren said:

The last plugin allowed countries to be added manually. I'm Scottish, not British

Your post says it all: MANUALLY; it's like a paper: accepts everything. 🙂

My plugin uses Geolocation. Did you read the post I linked? Mark from IPS explains. It uses the ISO-3166-1. Scotland doesn't even appear because it is UK: http://kirste.userpage.fu-berlin.de/diverse/doc/ISO_3166.html

Anyway, no problem... just wanted to show another option. 👍

26 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

Your post says it all: MANUALLY; it's like a paper: accepts everything. 🙂

My plugin uses Geolocation. Did you read the post I linked? Mark from IPS explains. It uses the ISO-3166-1. Scotland doesn't even appear because it is UK: http://kirste.userpage.fu-berlin.de/diverse/doc/ISO_3166.html

Anyway, no problem... just wanted to show another option. 👍

Yes, I read it, the previous plugin used Geolocation too, but it also allowed a manual entry, so my members could add Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland.

Archived