Tags should be configurable per-section.

Lukeroge

The tag system in IPS 4 is really nice, but I would like to be have full control of the tag system per-section. Right now we can only set the list of allowed tags/if tags are enabled per section, but I would like to have the full set of controls for each forum/section/database!

Also (semi-related), a way to only use prefixes (perhaps a setting to auto-prefix the first tag?) would be appreciated.

Lets have an example. I want to allow free and unlimited tagging on most of my site, but in the Q&A section, I want to allow one tag from the preset list, and have it be the prefix. Right now I can't do this, because the majority of tag settings are global and not adjustable on a per-section basis.

Agreed.

Closed or open system per forum or category of app etc.
Minimum and maximum also definable per forum or category of app etc.

These should not be global. There is one setting for all apps and sections.

And ability for a mandatory prefix. (@Lukeroge prefixes only as you state also good but the way tags work with prefixes I'm not sure they'll do that. Could work though if you define 1 max 1 min tag, so they can only input 1, and a prefix is mandatory. So in essence with these suggestions it would work. It would just show one tag and use it also as a prefix.)

And ability for a mandatory prefix. (@Lukeroge prefixes only as you state also good but the way tags work with prefixes I'm not sure they'll do that. Could work though if you define 1 max 1 min tag, so they can only input 1, and a prefix is mandatory. So in essence with these suggestions it would work. It would just show one take and use it also as a prefix.)

My idea for mandatory prefixes is just to add an option like "Make first tag always be prefix" and use the existing functionality to only allow one tag. It doesn't add much, and it uses existing IPS features.

• 1 month later...

Archived