3x upgrade to 4x - lost members

bcherup

Hello everyone,

I've contacted support back on the 12th to understand why my upgrade from version 3 to 4 corrupted over 200+ users. I have not heard from Tier 2 nor have I seen them connect to my server to "investigate" the problem. 

I have over 200+ users with very strange usernames. Examples are provided below. 

The e-mail addresses associated with these accounts are also wrong.

For example user 1947_1436634761 has a registered email 

I'm hoping someone here has ran into this problem before and has a solution ? 

Hello everyone,

I've contacted support back on the 12th to understand why my upgrade from version 3 to 4 corrupted over 200+ users. I have not heard from Tier 2 nor have I seen them connect to my server to "investigate" the problem.

I have over 200+ users with very strange usernames. Examples are provided below.

The e-mail addresses associated with these accounts are also wrong.

For example user 1947_1436634761 has a registered email

I'm hoping someone here has ran into this problem before and has a solution ?

Your ticket is in the queue and will be dealt with as soon as possible.

To me, that looks like the result of a conversion, our converter will create usernames (and email addreses) in that format if the data is missing when converted.

Stuart,

So the converter is not 100 percent functional ?

Why would it create the usernames if the data is "missing" ?

Why was no notification presented during the upgrade that "data is missing" ?

Did the upgrade cause the data to disappear ?

I had no problems prior to switching... 

I'm sorry for all the questions but since IPS made the changes to the website a ton of links DO NOT WORK.. 

BTW - Thank you prompt reply, 

Stuart,

So the converter is not 100 percent functional ?

Why would it create the usernames if the data is "missing" ?

Why was no notification presented during the upgrade that "data is missing" ?

Did the upgrade cause the data to disappear ?

I had no problems prior to switching...

I'm sorry for all the questions but since IPS made the changes to the website a ton of links DO NOT WORK..

BTW - Thank you prompt reply,

It would mean that things like usernames or email addresses were missing out of your source data, it isn't something that the converter causes, it just generates data for these two fields rather than skipping the account.

It would mean that things like usernames or email addresses were missing out of your source data, it isn't something that the converter causes, it just generates data for these two fields rather than skipping the account.

These accounts seem to contain NO information what so ever .... How in the world would i have 200+ accounts listed under members which must EMAIL confirm to be placed into that group go missing ? 

If you still have your 3.4 check under Members >> Incomplete and see if the numbers match. I used to get these due to FB connect so had to disable it.

If that is the case they should still be mapped to Incomplete or discarded. 

Okay 4.0 does not have the Incomplete status anymore. I bet that is it. These should probably be discarded not converted to members.

If you still have your 3.4 check under Members >> Incomplete and see if the numbers match. I used to get these due to FB connect so had to disable it.

If that is the case they should still be mapped to Incomplete or discarded. 

Okay 4.0 does not have the Incomplete status anymore. I bet that is it. These should probably be discarded not converted to members.

Hi Chilli,

I just restored my old 3x installed and attempted a second upgrade with the same results before reading your post. If this is in fact the issue at hand I cant believe this would have been overlooked or how the staff is completely unaware of it. 

Do you know if you actually miss 200+ members or is this just 'garbage' from the converters ?

Do these accounts also have posts ?  If so, then you maybe can search for text from these posts in your old installation to see which member account it was.

Archived