Category Tabs by IPS Themes

Tom Christian

On 6/9/2016 at 1:42 PM, Safety1st said:

@Tom Christian Awesome plugin! :thx:

But I desperately need 2 separated groups of tabs simultaneously. My community has 8 categories & 2 high right-side widgets: Recent Topics/Posts & Popular Contributors. Both widgets must remain right-sided for several reasons. When category tabs are activated main part of the site becomes very compact and result is ugly :D So I need utilize twice as many space than occupied by the only group. Could you add such such ability? :oops:

BTW it was a months until I realized how tabs look like. I thought they provide Metro interface that you used in plugin description :D

Apologies for the delay. Bad news I'm afraid. What you're looking to achieve isn't possible with this plugin. The purpose of this plugin is simply to replicate your categories as tabs. It might be worth hiring a 3rd-party dev to do this for you?

15 hours ago, Tom Christian said:

What you're looking to achieve isn't possible with this plugin

Too bad :'(
But is it possible to view excluded categories before tabs?
It would be a good workaround: I will left several - the main - categories alone and the rest will be 'folded' in tabs. But the main categories should be the first ones on page.

1 hour ago, Safety1st said:

Too bad :'(
But is it possible to view excluded categories before tabs?
It would be a good workaround: I will left several - the main - categories alone and the rest will be 'folded' in tabs. But the main categories should be the first ones on page.

No, not without core changes to the plugin. The hook point would need to changed to a new location.

23 hours ago, Safety1st said:

@Tom Christian I believe there are a reasons when plugin could be changed dramatically ^_^
Its current functionality is very limited for real forums...

I agree but my intention was never to make this more advanced than it already is. It's a simple plugin with a single purpose, no more. I do not have time to develop it further unfortunately.

hello, I'm definitely looking into getting this since I be adding more boards.

instead of having the tabs above that changes page to page, what about the categories itself that you can tab to tab with it's sub categories

I have a GTAV category and GTAIV, so there be two tabs for it on the one page

7 hours ago, EmpireKickass said:

hello, I'm definitely looking into getting this since I be adding more boards.

instead of having the tabs above that changes page to page, what about the categories itself that you can tab to tab with it's sub categories

I have a GTAV category and GTAIV, so there be two tabs for it on the one page

I'm not really sure what you mean but it sounds beyond the feature set of this plugin. As explained to Safety1st in the above posts, this plugin is very minimal and isn't customizable I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, Tom Christian said:

I'm not really sure what you mean but it sounds beyond the feature set of this plugin. As explained to Safety1st in the above posts, this plugin is very minimal and isn't customizable I'm afraid.

Alright, other option that I would like is when I select categories (Games We Play) I just want that category under that tab nothing else,

So,

-I want to have two tabs only
when you click on the tabs,  only that one category with subcategory shown. No other categories 

3 hours ago, EmpireKickass said:

Alright, other option that I would like is when I select categories (Games We Play) I just want that category under that tab nothing else,

So,

-I want to have two tabs only
when you click on the tabs,  only that one category with subcategory shown. No other categories 

If you have two categories, only two tabs will show so that should work fine. This plugin simply divides your current set of categories into tabs.

5 hours ago, Tom Christian said:

If you have two categories, only two tabs will show so that should work fine. This plugin simply divides your current set of categories into tabs.

Just having the tab name (Games We Play) which in this case it's category name of (Games We Play) that has 5 subcategory. I just wanted that ONE category in that tab! Then the other categories would be under ALL without (Games We Play) category since it's on another tab.

Makes since?

At the moment I see that there are two tabs! One tab that has all categories with (Games We Play)  and the other tab that has categories without (Games We Play) category

12 hours ago, EmpireKickass said:

Just having the tab name (Games We Play) which in this case it's category name of (Games We Play) that has 5 subcategory. I just wanted that ONE category in that tab! Then the other categories would be under ALL without (Games We Play) category since it's on another tab.

Makes since?

At the moment I see that there are two tabs! One tab that has all categories with (Games We Play)  and the other tab that has categories without (Games We Play) category

I'm not really following you I'm afraid. I think maybe you're overthinking the capabilities of this plugin? As I said, all it does is divide your top level categories into tabular sections. Nothing more than that. If what you want isn't happening out of the box then this plugin probably isn't for you unfortunately :( 

1 hour ago, Tom Christian said:

I'm not really following you I'm afraid. I think maybe you're overthinking the capabilities of this plugin? As I said, all it does is divide your top level categories into tabular sections. Nothing more than that. If what you want isn't happening out of the box then this plugin probably isn't for you unfortunately :( 

http://www.baysidegamers.com/Forums/  So this looks alright then?

2 hours ago, EmpireKickass said:

http://www.baysidegamers.com/Forums/  So this looks alright then?

I see what you're asking for now but this is also not possible I'm afraid.

The chosen categories in the plugin settings are the only ones touched. The rest are left as is. I suppose some modifications could be made by a developer to say that the "games we play" and other categories are always hidden unless the 'all' tab is selected which I think would solve your issue?

5 hours ago, Tom Christian said:

I see what you're asking for now but this is also not possible I'm afraid.

The chosen categories in the plugin settings are the only ones touched. The rest are left as is. I suppose some modifications could be made by a developer to say that the "games we play" and other categories are always hidden unless the 'all' tab is selected which I think would solve your issue?

Glad! taken three posts to get through. There are always away around with things. It can be done if that person has the skills. Maybe you like to talk to the other developers areound who is willing to help. Also what you said above! give that A try.

What I'm seeing that my main forum page has to many categories, and by having tabs it cuts down the categories 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived