Mandrill Slows posting topics

loccom

I have had issues when members post in a section that has 100 members watching a section/category, when posting a new topic it hangs for 20 secs. When i change the SMTP and use phpmail it is a lot faster.

Does anyone know how I can improve this? Mandrill works very well for me and would be a shame to pull the plug on it.

IPB 3.4.8

CentOS using Cpanel/WHM

I have had issues when members post in a section that has 100 members watching a section/category, when posting a new topic it hangs for 20 secs. When i change the SMTP and use phpmail it is a lot faster.

Does anyone know how I can improve this? Mandrill works very well for me and would be a shame to pull the plug on it.

IPB 3.4.8

CentOS using Cpanel/WHM

I think I have the same issue you do but on Messenger?

• 3 weeks later...

I think ips 4 sends mail in real time rather than batch which would prevent this issue. SMTP has a handshake and connection time etc so mail will take longer but thats why batch mode is better.

const NOTIFICATIONS_PER_BATCH = 100;

It does indeed send them in batches. I would honestly suggest submitting a ticket for further investigation, it is entirely possible something else is going on, or the amount to send per batch is too high in some scenarios, both of which are something that would actually need to be looked into as they are occurring to reproduce/resolve.

const NOTIFICATIONS_PER_BATCH = 100;

It does indeed send them in batches. I would honestly suggest submitting a ticket for further investigation, it is entirely possible something else is going on, or the amount to send per batch is too high in some scenarios, both of which are something that would actually need to be looked into as they are occurring to reproduce/resolve.

Wow! thanks for correcting me :) I had read it wasnt part of ips4 somewhere and it was a little concerning for those with larger boards.

Archived