Background processes

rfcontreras

Hi, 

I'm migrating a Joomla/phpBB3 site to invision board. I've successfully migrated phpbb3 forum to 3.4.8, and joomla too (convert with joomla is not working as I expected).

Then I've upgraded to 4.0.6, and then to 4.0.7 to find out that attachments does not appear on the forum. Also url's are not shown properly, I see the url between bbocode, seems that it's not being replaced.

I've started the background processes (since some of them supposed to solve this problems). It's being running three hours, and speed is ugly, I'm using a digital ocean droplet with 64 Gb or RAM and 20 processors

Running a cron job (crontab or command line) does nothing. 

Did someone found a way to speed up this process ? 

But the question is, is it stopped or the counters are increasing and progressing?

If they are stopped it must be solved, but it they are increasing slow must be caused for the size of the forum you are upgrading...

Hi, thanks for the reply's.

Counter are increasing, but all of a sudden a blank page. Running them again thru the admin area I get this message just before the blank page. I've added a cron job, run it manually and thru admin area but nothing. My board is pretty small, 210.000 posts, 24.000 topics, and 29.000 attachments. 

Any tip is appreciated!

Best Regards

Captura de pantalla 2015-06-06 16.20.01.png

IPS 4.0.7 was much faster at doing background processes for me, it didn't look like that either. It was blue bar with text (either above or below) saying what was being done. Before 4.0.7 it'd take 24-48 hours on a small site because I kept getting a white screen (Which required me to refresh to continue). After - it was 15-20 minutes. 

Archived