Youtube link in editor does not embed youtube video

Saurabh Jain

The person has added a space behind it, turning it into a regular link (because there is other “content“ on the same line). 
I can reproduce here:

Link with space after:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxy4n0UT82o 

Link on a truly empty line:

​.

my JavaScript doesn't react with it .. never had an issue before .. I've checked the space too ..

tried other movies .. it doesn't respond ..

Did someone change the post? I am pretty sure it was there when I checked it. 

But whatever—as I have demonstrated: If the media URL is not the only content in a line, it wont convert, which is a good thing, because people should also be able to just post links. The auto-embedding also needs JavaScript to kick in, which tries to reach the external service. That can also fail for various reasons (JavaScript not working, external service not available and so on), and if that is the case, the URL also won’t get converted. 

But I don’t see anything wrong in general. I am able to post a link to the video or the video itself. So everything is working as expected. 

Did someone change the post? I am pretty sure it was there when I checked it. 

But whatever—as I have demonstrated: If the media URL is not the only content in a line, it wont convert, which is a good thing, because people should also be able to just post links. The auto-embedding also needs JavaScript to kick in, which tries to reach the external service. That can also fail for various reasons (JavaScript not working, external service not available and so on), and if that is the case, the URL also won’t get converted. 

But I don’t see anything wrong in general. I am able to post a link to the video or the video itself. So everything is working as expected. 

​To make sure tehre si no space....

I edited the post and just pasted the url back...........

It was showing video before upgrading to IPS 4   Since upgrade it is not showing .........

Regards

Saurabh

It was showing video before upgrading to IPS 4   Since upgrade it is not showing .........​

You could have mentioned that in the first post. 

There is no auto-convert for plain URLs in a post anymore. That was handled through Media Tags in 3.4, which don’t exist anymore in 4.0. 
The upgrade routine should convert those links. But maybe it didn’t because the URL was not the only content on the line. 
But it’s hard to tell now after you edited the post. 

You could have mentioned that in the first post. 

There is no auto-convert for plain URLs in a post anymore. That was handled through Media Tags in 3.4, which don’t exist anymore in 4.0. 
The upgrade routine should convert those links. But maybe it didn’t because the URL was not the only content on the line. 
But it’s hard to tell now after you edited the post. 

​I edited after reading your post and then tried the same...as suggested by you...

Regards

Saurabh

Archived