Add some feature to help users control their privacy

Flo44

Hello, i know xenforo use some privacy feature for member's profile. Why don't add something like that for IPS ? when we see a profile every member can see every post of every member but some of people don't want to let some informations free to everyone. I know we can limite the visibility of profile in the ACP according to groups. But it is maybe not very efficient as we remove a feature for everyone. It could be bery useful to add something to improve privacy for each member and avoid to let a entire group have exactly the same permissions.

Hello, i know xenforo use some privacy feature for member's profile. Why don't add something like that for IPS ? when we see a profile every member can see every post of every member but some of people don't want to let some informations free to everyone. I know we can limite the visibility of profile in the ACP according to groups. But it is maybe not very efficient as we remove a feature for everyone. It could be bery useful to add something to improve privacy for each member and avoid to let a entire group have exactly the same permissions.

​I want this too. Just a way to hide profiles from guests is all i want.

@thomas bacon​ It is possible to disable viewing profiles for certain member groups, just not intuitive.

Go to System - Applications - open additional options by clicking on an arrow next to System in the list - Click on the lock icon next to Profiles.

I hope this helps a bit...

As for enhancing this, I totally agree. For me, having an option to get some fields/parts of the profile page visable to certain groups would be a good start. If member could define it, that would be even better. 

@thomas bacon​ It is possible to disable viewing profiles for certain member groups, just not intuitive.

Go to System - Applications - open additional options by clicking on an arrow next to System in the list - Click on the lock icon next to Profiles.

I hope this helps a bit...

As for enhancing this, I totally agree. For me, having an option to get some fields/parts of the profile page visable to certain groups would be a good start. If member could define it, that would be even better. 

​Ah ty for that :)

Archived